48-84
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

roll call....what is ppl up to?

2 posters

Go down

roll call....what is ppl up to? Empty roll call....what is ppl up to?

Post  sunnydog Fri May 06, 2022 4:50 pm

Every once in awhile I look in and wonder....like at the very least it must be Hammer's birthday again or somethin'
Dog
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

roll call....what is ppl up to? Empty Re: roll call....what is ppl up to?

Post  Dennman Mon May 09, 2022 7:01 pm

I check in from time to time just to see what you're up to Sunny. Not much outa the usual day to day here.Bought an old 1992 4.3L v-6 GMC pu and am in the process of fixing all the neglected parts like brakes ,exhaust and motor. The cabs in great shape and everything works in it.
Finally got around to regreasing the front wheel and cleaning all the disolved goo that once was a front master cylinder gasket.Don't make those outa the long lasting material of years ago.
Next, when I get time from building pieces for Bren's latest endeavour with chickens,I'll be regreasing the rear wheel bearings.Bought a new set of bearings to deal with a noise when cornering last year. Was told it was bearings but it wasn't the front so.....
Could be interference with the rear chain and guard but won't know til I can get at it.
Trying to locate a firewood supplier but it's tough finding anyone that can deliver a good quantity and quality product.
Don't plan to do much travellin this year. My annual trip to Toad is still on but with gas price expeted to hit $2.30 /L ,I won't be doin much site seein out there.
Til then ,ya'll be good!
Dennman
Dennman

Back to top Go down

Post  sunnydog Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:13 pm

sorry I missed your post...it's been a long time since I looked in. When you making your pilgrimage to Toad? Maybe get a chance to see ya
dog
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Post  Dennman Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:54 pm

I had planned a late June trip but that fizzled. Then a mid July trip but the '92 GMC trucks are beating me.Still don't have a dependable one for Brenda to use while I'm away. Damn electrical boxes are beyond my ability to diagnose and remedy. Got a mechanic on it and looks like a faulty distributor. Been awhile since he worked on a V6 4.3 L so he had to do some refreshin before he comes back.
Maybe by the end of July I can head east for a break.
After greasing the wheel bearings ,I found slight "rub" witness marks on the rear tire and fender mount bolts. Changed out the nuts and bolts to dome heads with the nuts on the outside. Had a trip to Nanaimo after the changes and that went trouble free.
Just got done cleaning up three 50 foot cherrys that fell down towards the house.No damage to anything they fell across.They were 14+ at the butt end. It'll be good firewood next year. Eyeballin a couple dead maple standing in
the forest. They have some decent quantity in them.I'll work on them after my travels. All the forests around and there is a shortage of cutters doing firewood. Gas prices are sure to kick a cord cost close to $400.
Dennman
Dennman

sunnydog likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  sunnydog Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:34 am

I'd love to saw some cherry or maple. I'm sawing mostly fir, a bit of larch, a bit of lodgepole pine. Fir is beautiful to saw, building a few things with it.
Hope you get out east before end of summer, will check in again.
Dog
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Post  Dennman Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:12 pm

It was a detonated distributor in the '92.Now it'll start and run but it won't accelerate under load.Gas tank is full of powdery rust. I've changed the filter a couple times but it's not long before it acts up again. I'll be dropping the gas tank and giving it a flush. Hope that I don't have to replace any internals. If that's not the cure then the throttle body will be next to check out / replace. That is a pricey item.(~$700)
My travels may not get under way til mid August.
Dennman
Dennman

Back to top Go down

Post  Dennman Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:01 pm

Well finally we've got a good runnin truck.New gas tank,pump and filter.The old tank has a caulking patch on it. That has signs of weepage. Just a matter of time before it became worse.Haven't dumped the old tank to salvage the fuel for lawn mowers yet. Should be revealing as to the rust/contaminate problem.
Got hit a week or more back with The Virus.Aches and pains in old injuries and real lack of motivation to do anything.Put off my scoot travellin again.Now as soon as the breathin gets freer and less mucusy ,I'll be headin to the Denn cabin at Toad.
Dennman
Dennman

Back to top Go down

Post  sunnydog Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:29 am

Carlos and I heading for Rock creek today to visit Larry.  Then on to Vernon Sunday see brother Paul.  Maybe you’re in the realm?
Dog
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down