48-84
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Weerier's Winter Woes 2015

+3
kootenai
coopsta
Dennman
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Weerier's Winter Woes 2015 - Page 2 Empty Front Bumper Swap--FAIL!!!

Post  Dennman Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:28 am

The drain plug in the bottom of my S&S Big Bore cases has been rubbing on the bottom engine guard for years.Never knew there was a drain plug til I cleaned the cases.In order to get the guard off, to drill an access/clearance hole for the plug,I had to get the front wheel back on.The scoot is on a scissor jack and I can't get at the rear bolts of the guard until I move the jack.
I've had an old style front bumper like this one for a few years.

The Weerier's Winter Woes 2015 - Page 2 Earlie10

Been waiting for the right time to swap it with the road-rashed bumper on the Weerier.Since the front wheel is off ,today was the day.Well after abit of a kerfuful to get the fender tip and bumper off,the old style bumper doesn't fit inside my aftermarket fender. The bolt holes don't line up with the slider mounts or to the bolt at the fender front.So the deer-crash scuffed one went back on,after a thorough clean up,with new stainless fasteners .

The Weerier's Winter Woes 2015 - Page 2 Weerie10

Got the new-ta-me spoked wheel and slightly used HD Dunlop installed now.
Tomorrow I can get that guard off and modify it for my needs.
Dennman
Dennman

Back to top Go down

The Weerier's Winter Woes 2015 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Weerier's Winter Woes 2015

Post  Dennman Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:25 pm

Got the Weerier's skid plate modified for access to the S&S case drain plug.Now the plug won't be knockin on the plate.

The Weerier's Winter Woes 2015 - Page 2 5-skid10

Found a rubber plug to plug the hole for the dirt roads.

The Weerier's Winter Woes 2015 - Page 2 6-skid10

Reworked the sloppy rear brake pedal.Found the back bracket was crackin around the pedal shaft.Stash huntin and found a chrome one that was workable.I had to drill the pedal nut and bracket shaft for a cotter pin.The bracket shaft threads were not the greatest for good nut tightening.The cotter pin will hold the pedal secure. A few brass shims on the shaft,a new master push pin ,a new pivot pin for that push pin,a new pedal stop,a new pedal rubber and paint.Now it's a good tight action and doesn't look too bad.

The Weerier's Winter Woes 2015 - Page 2 7-brak10

Now it's on to gettin the chassy cleaned up and tighten the spot lights up front.
Dennman
Dennman

Back to top Go down

The Weerier's Winter Woes 2015 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Weerier's Winter Woes 2015

Post  kootenai Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:26 pm

lookin good amigo!! had a nice warmer day yesterday was tempted to go for a flannel cat seak A roo around town,,,,but it didn't materialize,,,rode brother bills shovel into a trailer instead,,,
kootenai
kootenai
Admin

https://66-84.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  kootenai Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:27 pm

and im meaning like I didn't crash eh!! cheers
kootenai
kootenai
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dennman Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:28 pm

kootenai wrote:and im meaning like I didn't crash eh!! cheers

I've seen a few u-tube vids on how not to load a scoot.Some funny and some downright expensive for both the scoot and transportin vehicle.

Attacked my wanderin spotlight/signal assembly today.The engineer that designed that assembly (one nut w/ the spot wire runnin through the stud ,to tighten both firmly in place on two domed washers) should be made to install/adjust every one that was made.
Made up a socket for this a couple years ago.Cut a long slot in a deep socket.Since the power wires, to the spot and signal, are still hooked into the junction box in the nacelle;ya have to pull the socket off the nut and reset , after 1/2 a turn,or the spot wire will get cut off in the socket slot.
Dennman
Dennman

Back to top Go down

Post  kootenai Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:56 pm

never did like the design of that set up.
kootenai
kootenai
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sunnydog Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:38 am

Lookin good Denn, I'm liking the skid plate finish and the brake pedal too! sunny
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Post  Dennman Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:28 pm

sunnydog wrote:Lookin good Denn, I'm liking the skid plate finish and the brake pedal too! sunny

The skid plate finish is just reprimed,painted stone chipped old paint.Can't see it down there.The pedal I cleaned back to the stock surface then primed and painted.That MOCO surface finish doesn't take a primer or paint well.Already got a couple chips in my repaint just from assemblin the various parts.After the Weerier is back together and if I get time before ridin season ,I'll get my wee touchup brush and can of gloss black tremclad and do a paint-about where needed.
Dennman
Dennman

Back to top Go down

The Weerier's Winter Woes 2015 - Page 2 Empty Attention Carlos!!

Post  Dennman Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:56 pm

Sent you a PM on here.
Dennman
Dennman

Back to top Go down

The Weerier's Winter Woes 2015 - Page 2 Empty KB pistons available,Carlos.

Post  Dennman Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:50 pm

Gave a few Lordcos a call today.End result : the Lordco Machine Shop in Maple Ridge has dealt w/ Keith Black for 30 yrs. and can get the pistons from them.He can then ship them to the local Lordco here for me.Fella there,Ron,asked me if I was gonna run nitrous. Laughing He said that for my application the Hypers should work just fine.
My local Lordco said to call them and it'd probably be 6-8 wks. delivery; unless, I wanted to pay expedited shippin.That'd be fine w/ me.
I think Ron with his long term history of dealin w/ them might be able to cut that delivery time down.
Just hope the Loonie don't downslide more before I get the order in.
Dennman
Dennman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2