48-84
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Winter Projects and an update

5 posters

Go down

Winter Projects and an update Empty Winter Projects and an update

Post  ratman Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:25 am

So,

What has everyone got going for projects this winter?

For me on the shovel - nothing.  Better ride the old girl more next year else I expect my 66-84 patch will be taken away.
For the evo garbage barge - maybe swap a cam (I have a couple to try next year).

Recently got my PAL/RPAL so bought a couple of toys to blast away with.  
Winfield has an indoor pistol range for winter so I won't have to freeze my butt off.
If I find I'm enjoying the hell out of shooting then I'll probably set myself up reloading as well - will see.
Maybe challenge the CORE in spring and get my hunter number (BC no longer accepts I was a hunter in another Province and Territory since I was a kid).

Doing OK otherwise, coming back to work has been interesting, no one to call to let know how my days have been going has been the weirdest part.
Sitting along side in Tenerife (Canary Islands) so not suffering too badly, lol.  Photobucket is blocked at work otherwise I'd upload some photos.

John - I won't forget about that inner and outer primary.  If my buddy gives me a good deal then an already finished set is better than me hacking away and practicing TIG welding on yours.....  I'll make sure of the year but they are presently mounted/working in a 198x FX 4 speed frame. BEK if I recall so FXWG - could be 1980 -1983.  Any issues for you with the late model inner/outer?

Carlos - I should be heading to Calgary for XMas but I would think your imaginary wife will have you at home for the holidays  Suspect

Dave -  not exactly sure when I'll be home.  Originally planned for 3 weeks away but may extend as we are not going to Brazil during this rotation.  Heading to Egypt instead next trip.

Den - hope things are OK out at your place with the trees/damage, etc.

Hammer - I guess you are not getting any prettier, how does the work over the winter look for you?

The rest - hope to meet you some time in the next year.  If you are passing through OK Valley, always a bed/futon/floor available when I am home.

Later
-Paul
ratman
ratman

Back to top Go down

Winter Projects and an update Empty Re: Winter Projects and an update

Post  Dennman Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:05 pm

Good to hear from you Paul.
I've got a 10" Y-bracket for the rear banana to mount on this winter.Been lookin for one for years.Offered $25 US for it and was accepted,but the $43 US put it outa my reach.Fella told me to just send the postage and it was mine.He didn't need it and he was payin it forward.
This should really smarten up the back brake.It works great now with your bushings in there.The better support will hopefully make it even better.
Also need to take both saddlebag hangers off and get them rewelded.They've been hose clamped together for a couple years now.Bit of a deal to get at.Everything in the rear down to the fender rails has to be taken off to get at the hanger bolts.
Still have mutiple piles of cottonwood limbs and rounds to move to the back woods.Ground is too wet to haul it right now.Been rainin most days since the damage.
Hey Paul,you bein a world traveller and me havin a fascination for world coinage,do you ever have foreign coinage in hand? I'd be happy to trade you Canadian for foreign.
In closeing Paul,I've never heard and still do not know exactly what has transpired in your life since I saw you at Toad.From the little I've picked up from a few short comments,I take it that something major had happened.Since you are back at work I guess that things are getting back in order.
Dennman
Dennman

Back to top Go down

Post  sunnydog Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:21 pm

Good to hear both of you guys are doing well and keepin on keepin on, Paul I'm jealous Tenerife sounds pretty damn nice...
Thanks Paul for the consideration on that inner/outer primary...I got mine workin and seems to seal okay, but I would be interested to see what that custom looks like...
Got too many projects!
Econoline is getting hydraulic lifters at some point this winter, also got an S&S oil pump to put on her, and that cam too thx again Ratman you a good shit I don't care what anyone says...
Gonna pull wheels and primary off Cherrybomb (the model T) and go through wheel bearings, re-seal primary. I do have a kicker kit for her 5 speed but that's a big job I ain't gonna tackle this year...
Building a garden shed, and climbing big hills 3-4 days per week, teaching the pup how to be a bush dog...looking forward to spring already.
Johnnymoron
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Winter Projects and an update Empty winter fun

Post  jmac11 Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:35 pm

Not much going on the shovel for me Its a work winter .I got to do something sooner or later or ill be handing my patch in to.
Started the winter out again buying a truck the last one shit the bed at Grande Cash so the first ten days of the shift pays for it another 3/4 days for expense's work a month for 2 weeks pay [place sad face here]

jmac11

Back to top Go down

Post  ratman Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:16 am

Den, well it was a life changer that happened.  My wife passed away at home the night before I left Toad (or that morning). Slowly getting my life back together - did a bottle of whiskey a day for the first 2 weeks but that was extremely counterproductive so I got my shit together and started to get on with it. Getting better every day but I think this one is going to take a while. We just had our 23rd anniversary a week before and had been together 26 or 27 years.
Good friends at home and all you lot have made it easier.

You will like that Y bracket compared to the boomerang - waaaaay better and you don't need to worry about the pin(s) getting cut through any more.

If you are interested in coins I have a bag of miscellaneous coins at home you can have. Don't have a clue what is in there but it will be a few odd countries I'm sure. No good to me, the bank won't take them either so there they sit Smile I'll see what I got when I get home.

John, that shaved primary set looks pretty good. I'll let you know what he wants for them, as I said before when I mentioned I wanted them he said they were mine. Tenerife is a volcanic Island so looks pretty cool. Work is work though.....

jmac - seems we work to make sure we can have fun.... sucks about the truck. You are up in northern AB correct? Hope your winter is a good one and not the usual -40.

ratman
ratman

Back to top Go down

Post  Dennman Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:26 pm

Holy Shite!! Something is fecked in this site.Looks like it's been cell phone formatted.
EDIT: when I posted this it returned to normal.
Hope this goes through.
Paul,I can't imagine the emotional turmoil that you've gone through.Glad to hear that you're dealin better with it now.
It'd be a real treat to have those coins.There are times in the winter when it's too cold or damp to be out and about and passin the time with some different world coinage would be entertaining.Much appreciated.
Denn
Dennman
Dennman

Back to top Go down

Post  ratman Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:58 am

Den,
It was rough but like I say getting better.
Just checking my drawer here at work I have some coins from Hong Kong, Singapore, England.
At home I have a bag full of other miscellaneous I'll go through.
ratman
ratman

Back to top Go down

Post  sunnydog Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:16 am

Yes something strange yesterday aft for sure when I signed on here, was a spinning vortex with a 6 digit number in the middle of it, something like '258053' ...or maybe it was '25or624'....looked like an acid flashback of some kind, prolly Chico slipped something into the punch last time he was down...thank God it returned to normal after I drank 3 gallons of water and slept for 16 hours. Suspect
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Post  ratman Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:35 am

sunnydog wrote:...or maybe it was '25or624'....

For a young pup you have a wide range of musical knowledge cheers
ratman
ratman

Back to top Go down

Post  sunnydog Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:01 pm

Haven't been called a pup in awhile, but just like the rest of ya'll I feel like one in my mind Shocked
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Post  ratman Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:18 pm

sunnydog wrote:Haven't been called a pup in awhile, but just like the rest of ya'll I feel like one in my mind Shocked

OK - how about a middle aged dog with a bit of a droopy ear that still acts like a pup when he is with his twin brother...... Laughing
ratman
ratman

Back to top Go down

Post  kootenai Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:24 pm

were all pups,,we will be this way even when were,jammin wheel chairs down the hallways at the old bikers home,,trippin on mushrooms and prune juice.. Shocked
kootenai
kootenai
Admin

https://66-84.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  kootenai Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:27 pm

id post pics of my winter project,but the photofuckitt,,,is being a bitch!!
kootenai
kootenai
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dennman Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:04 pm

kootenai wrote:id post pics of my winter project,but the photofuckitt,,,is being a bitch!!
Hardly use that.All my pics here come outa my computer folders/albums.Direct upload.
Dennman
Dennman

Back to top Go down

Post  kootenai Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:23 am

Dennman wrote:
kootenai wrote:id post pics of my winter project,but the photofuckitt,,,is being a bitch!!
Hardly use that.All my pics here come outa my computer folders/albums.Direct upload.
,,yeah ive tried that on here amigo don't seem to work for me and cant remember exactly how to do it,,,
kootenai
kootenai
Admin

Back to top Go down

Winter Projects and an update Empty heyyy,,figured it out,,woot!woot!

Post  kootenai Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:40 am

Winter Projects and an update Img_2011
kootenai
kootenai
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kootenai Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:47 am

Winter Projects and an update Img_2012
Winter Projects and an update Img_2013
Winter Projects and an update Img_2014
kootenai
kootenai
Admin

Back to top Go down

Winter Projects and an update Empty and my other winter project is gathering my winters heat..

Post  kootenai Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:53 am

Winter Projects and an update Img_2015
kootenai
kootenai
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ratman Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:25 am

kootenai wrote:were all pups,,we will be this way even when were,jammin wheel chairs down the hallways at the old bikers home,,trippin on mushrooms and prune juice.. Shocked

Yep.

Nice project!  Looks like loads more than just a roller - did you pick it up that way or have you been collecting parts for it?

Didn't know the forum had an auto photo upload - thanks Den.

Here is Tenerife from the boat:
Winter Projects and an update Teneri10

Oh and I found a pic of Carlos:
Winter Projects and an update Img_1110
ratman
ratman

Back to top Go down

Post  kootenai Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:00 am

its all gathered parts paul,,,,its in the fitting stages,,hanging parts,,gonna have to tear down and wire and plumb,,,,im taking my time,,,,paints rattle can,,,some home made parts,,i think its gonna be a fun little bone cracker..
kootenai
kootenai
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dennman Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:36 pm

ratman wrote:
Didn't know the forum had an auto photo upload - thanks Den.

Here is Tenerife from the boat:
Winter Projects and an update Teneri10

Got my curiosity up.Had a Google drive around the foreshore of Tenerife.Sure alot of tunnels there.Interesting to see the floatin oil rigs docked right "downtown".
Didn't know it was part of Spain.
Dennman
Dennman

Back to top Go down

Post  ratman Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:27 am

It is a very interesting place.  Yep - Canary Islands all part of Spain.  Been to Las Palmas many times before but never here. I can see that island from here.

The north part of the island where we are there are less tourists and most flights from the north airport go to Madrid or Barcelona. The southern part has direct tourist flights to Gatwick airport in the London. Loads of Brits here on holidays.
ratman
ratman

Back to top Go down

Post  ratman Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:20 am

Denn,

I lost your home mailing address.

send it to me again

p t t wa@shaw.ca

remove the spaces Smile

-Paul
ratman
ratman

Back to top Go down

Post  Dennman Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:54 am

ratman wrote:Denn,

I lost your home mailing address.

send it to me again

p t t wa@shaw.ca

remove the spaces Smile

-Paul

Will do,Paul.
Denn
Dennman
Dennman

Back to top Go down

Post  ratman Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:38 pm

Got it thanks.

Will send a bag of goodies out next week.

Good to hear you are not flooded out!!
ratman
ratman

Back to top Go down

Post  Dennman Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:29 pm

ratman wrote:Got it thanks.

Will send a bag of goodies out next week.

Good to hear you are not flooded out!!
If this shit weather keeps up,i'll need some indoor activity to keep me occupied.
Been kept busy up to now keeping up to the replaceing and resetting of tarps.They've been blown off and shredded by the heavy winds that have come with the rains.
Still got to get The Weerier into the shop for winter.Need a good dry spell to clear a path and then move it over the mud.
Dennman
Dennman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down