48-84
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If you have few hours to kill while in Lower Mainland...

2 posters

Go down

If you have few hours to kill while in Lower Mainland... Empty If you have few hours to kill while in Lower Mainland...

Post  Mark G Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:26 pm

...please know, that Trev Deeley Motorcycle Museum has recently (as of few weeks ago) changed its exhibition.
Sadly, out of many pictures I took, my not_so_smart phone stored only three... maybe I'm the stupid one, haha

Anyway, my favorites? Easy. VR1000 (never seen one in person) and this oddity (never thought I would ever see it!!):

If you have few hours to kill while in Lower Mainland... Projec10

If you have few hours to kill while in Lower Mainland... Projec12

If you have few hours to kill while in Lower Mainland... Projec11

I know, this is not very important right now, that so many people deal with the fire situation, but I thought that this might provide a little break in these tense moments.

Last edited by Mark G on Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:16 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spellung)
Mark G
Mark G

Back to top Go down

If you have few hours to kill while in Lower Mainland... Empty Re: If you have few hours to kill while in Lower Mainland...

Post  sunnydog Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:27 pm

What's a VR1000?
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

If you have few hours to kill while in Lower Mainland... Empty Re: If you have few hours to kill while in Lower Mainland...

Post  Mark G Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:56 pm

sunnydog wrote:What's a VR1000?

My apologies, the VR 1000 was Harley's attempt to get back on the AMA Superbike racing track back in late 80's and 90's. They put a lot of money and effort into that only to find out (after they were done) that the competition was already ahead of that.

Nonetheles, the bike is a looker for sure.

Here's a good read:

http://www.odd-bike.com/2016/03/harley-davidson-vr1000-gods-own-voice.html?m=1

Some reading on Project NOVA (the orange beast pictured above):

https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2016/09/19/harley-davidsons-project-nova-look-might/

...and a comment at the bottom of the article:

"I was one of the engineers that worked on NOVA under Mike Hillman. We had completed first phase engine development, we had tooled production crankcases. We were probably 2 years from production when we stopped the project. I went on to program management for the FXRT program and worked with Eric Buell who was the engineering chassis designer. It was fun and I wish that we had had the money to bring it to the market.
Wayne Vaughn"

That's a good piece of MoCo history.
Mark G
Mark G

Back to top Go down

Post  sunnydog Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:24 pm

I e seen that VR 1000 before!
Luckily Erik Buell showed up on the scene to take harley to the winners circle with the sporty drivetrain
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down