48-84
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So any of you read the Horse??????

4 posters

Go down

So any of you read the Horse?????? Empty So any of you read the Horse??????

Post  coopsta Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:39 pm

I am at odds with my plans yet again......I am trying to figure out if what I really want is a "swedish" style choppa....you know 4-5 inch stretch in the backbone, and 6-8 inches in the downtubes type shit, or am I going to be happy just raking the neck 38-40 degrees and running like a 9" over front end?
I keep looking in the horse and I see them swedish style chops and the really long fork springers or gerters and dig that shit.
I was pretty set on say a paughco with 2 1/2" downtube stretch and chopper style neck and that would take a 9" over springer, but will it be enough.....there is a bike in the november 2010 Horse and it has to have at least 8-10" of down tube stretch and has to be close to 40* rake, well I have to be honest here boys....kind of got a chubb? Surprised it could be because the bike is shot on a beach, and has this rightous chick planted on the back seat, leather vest, jean shorts and leather boots, but I digress...
It is a fucking cool ride though.....Invader wheels with a spool out front, tall sissy bar w/king queen seat, turned up fishtails.....just a bitchin ride really.
coopsta
coopsta

Back to top Go down

So any of you read the Horse?????? Empty Re: So any of you read the Horse??????

Post  kootenai Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:09 am

i havent seen any horse mags around for awhile,,,just like im starting to believe walnecks cycle trader is non existent in this valley,,,,,,,,,,,,, i like the horse they always show some nice old stuff and had some great tech,
i really miss the iron horse from the 90,s when david snow and genghis were runnin the show they had alot of great articles,,,,,,,,,hope alls good with ya,, long coop menendezzz
kootenai
kootenai
Admin

https://66-84.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sunnydog Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:20 am

Now it's Longcoop Menendez??? I can't keep up w the nicknames LOL.
Yeah Carlos I get the Horse ever month. I'll look at that issue, think those Swedish chops w Eyetalian women sitting on em are cool. sunny
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

So any of you read the Horse?????? Empty November 2010

Post  coopsta Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:05 am

Sunny find that issue the bike is called he traded his pan to build a shovel chop. That bike just oozes cool
coopsta
coopsta

Back to top Go down

Post  sunnydog Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:28 am

You gotta meet this kid who just moved to Kimbo from Sasquatchewan, he's a welder at a local industrial shop in Cranbrook, real good fabricator and has a website I think its hambonekustoms.com. Anyway he's right into the kinda stuff you're talkin about, builds his own girder front ends. He would do ya a good deal I bet, and would do it totally to your specs. He has built a couple bikes complete from ground up, and I mean built the frames, suspension, the whole shebang. Real nice kid, name is Lee Hamilton...And he's into Shovels. I'm gonna get him to come out to some of the Shovel gatherings next summer I hope, you would dig this kid he's got some real skills, and not just numchuk and bo-staff skills, I'm talking SKILLS. sunny
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Post  sunnydog Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:55 am

I just looked on his website www.hambonekustoms.com/ and there are two bikes in particular that I've seen in his shop. He has a mandrel pipe and steel bender he uses for exact bends, then tigwelds for fabrication. Black Mamba is his Shovel...think it would look much better with the neck raked out to give it proper geometry, but the girder itself it really nicely welded and finished. The other bike is "weeping dagger" (love these names LOL) which is a little bobber yamasquaw...he also built the kiwi leaf springer front end for that one.
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Post  Roadhammer Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:24 pm

The Horse rocks, I pick it up monthly at 7-11

Roadhammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down