48-84
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Close to wrapped up after this wkend

5 posters

Go down

Close to wrapped up after this wkend Empty Close to wrapped up after this wkend

Post  sunnydog Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:59 am

Howdy Boys,
I spent most of the weekend workin' on this thing, getting her ship shape for touring. Apologies for not gettin up to Flannel Cats as I was either drunk, high on paint, covered in layers of dark grease, or all of the above for the whole weekend. But I did manage to charge and mount the new battery, put on shorter rear shocks, sand paint clear decal and stripe the fairing, mount the fairing, affix a temporary headlight, mount my rear luggage rack. Took her for another short tour on Sunday, bout 80 miles round trip....ran great.

Close to wrapped up after this wkend FLTfaired2_zps53f063fe

Close to wrapped up after this wkend FLTfaired1_zps1c54a951

sunny 

sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Close to wrapped up after this wkend Empty Re: Close to wrapped up after this wkend

Post  Big Dave Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:32 pm

You had moma on the back yet , how'd she like it

Dave
Big Dave
Big Dave

Back to top Go down

Close to wrapped up after this wkend Empty Re: Close to wrapped up after this wkend

Post  sunnydog Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:37 pm

Big Man!
We went for a tour the other nite, bout half hour, she was pretty happy (she said lol)....
Hows that bike of yours runnin? I'd sure like to see some pics, no broom required.
Sunny
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Dave Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:21 pm

Close to wrapped up after this wkend P6050469_zpsbbd089b1

I thought you had seen the bike before , old pic just put the nachell on and have trouble with the buck

Take care

Dave
Big Dave
Big Dave

Back to top Go down

Post  sunnydog Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:18 pm

THanks Dave, yeah I'd seen it before but not a good closeup like that, looks great and hope yer enjoyin riding it this "spring".....
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Post  sunnydog Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:55 pm

Thinkin I might put an 8 speed transmission in this thing so I can ride with the guys from down south who do "90 mph all day long" on their Shovels.
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Dave Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:53 pm

Don't worry Sunny you got brakes now you should be able to hold her back to 90 Smile

Dave
Big Dave
Big Dave

Back to top Go down

Post  h.d.ryder Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:43 pm

sunnydog wrote:Thinkin I might put an 8 speed transmission in this thing so I can ride with the guys from down south who do "90 mph all day long" on their Shovels.

I thought those southern boys just dreamed about ridin their shovels.
Nice lookin F.L.T. you got there!

h.d.ryder

Back to top Go down

Close to wrapped up after this wkend Empty Well brotha I got solutions

Post  coopsta Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:15 am

Ya well we stick a 6 w/overdrive in that FLT and we will be 90 all day.....I would love to just blast off and leave them fuckers in our dust !!! Ya the shovels laying waste to a bunch of twink dinks lol

Coop
coopsta
coopsta

Back to top Go down

Post  kootenai Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:24 am

coopsta wrote:  Ya well we stick a 6 w/overdrive in that FLT and we will be 90 all day.....I would love to just blast off and leave them fuckers in our dust !!!  Ya the shovels laying waste to a bunch of twink dinks lol

Coop
ahh fuck the fuckin fucks and their all day at 90 bullshit!! whats the big hurry?? so everybody on the twinks can hi, five and compare their get back whips next to their dicks or what!?!?
kootenai
kootenai
Admin

https://66-84.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sunnydog Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:53 am

Yep far as I'm concerned there is no hurry....I like to roll on in the straights for short distances, and hear the reverberation on the cliffs as I take the curves slowly....the sound of the Shovel takes me away to another place....where Chinkies don't exist
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Close to wrapped up after this wkend Empty Ya you guys are right

Post  coopsta Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:38 pm

sunnydog wrote:Yep far as I'm concerned there is no hurry....I like to roll on in the straights for short distances, and hear the reverberation on the cliffs as I take the curves slowly....the sound of the Shovel takes me away to another place....where Chinkies don't exist

Some people just get it, thats why I love hanging out and riding shovels…..no life like it.

Coop

coopsta
coopsta

Back to top Go down

Close to wrapped up after this wkend Empty ....Last Night

Post  sunnydog Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:11 pm

.....knocked the baffles outta them mufflers, smashed my hand twice with a 4 pound sledge, that felt quite nice.
It woke up her exhaust note a fair bit, which is good cause I couldn't hear her before. Gonna hafta investigate the mixture and jetting now I think?
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down