48-84
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

And it begins.

+7
Shakerattlenroll
h.d.ryder
kootenai
jmac
Big Dave
sunnydog
Dennman
11 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

And it begins. - Page 4 Empty Re: And it begins.

Post  Roadhammer Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:39 pm

Dennman wrote:
sunnydog wrote:So........do tell!  And with pics or vid please!  I'd dearly love to see the batwing setup too....
Not bein a 21st Century Schizoid man,I can't do video.It'll have to be just a static shot.don't hold your breath for batwing shots.It's still not painted and w/ a week of rain ahead ,it's not goin to be happenin soon.

Soon as I read this I went ahhh! ....King Crimson... I still got the album(vinyl) , bought it soon as it came out ,those were the good ole days! Your showin your age Denn... but then again I guess I am too.

Roadhammer

Back to top Go down

Post  sunnydog Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:52 pm

Wow you guys are old!! I thought April Wine originated that one but they actually covered it!! Damn that's funny...next you'll be tellin me Streetheart covered "Tin Soldier" and never wrote it.....
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Post  Dennman Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:12 pm

sunnydog wrote:Wow you guys are old!! I thought April Wine originated that one but they actually covered it!!  Damn that's funny...next you'll be tellin me Streetheart covered "Tin Soldier" and never wrote it.....

Streetheart   Question
Dennman
Dennman

Back to top Go down

And it begins. - Page 4 Empty It's in the Mail!!!

Post  Dennman Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:15 pm

Got another E-mail from Sam.The head is in the mail!!

Just now got another E-mail.I may be getting a new set.
Whooeee!!  Very Happy    cheers
Dennman
Dennman

Back to top Go down

And it begins. - Page 4 Empty Fairing Painted

Post  Dennman Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:27 pm

Got a decent day last week and got 3 coats of paint on the faring.Now to get the scoot outa the shed and install it.

Bit of a quandry whether to wait for the new head(s) or just say," fuggit" and go with what I've got assembled.Not too enthused to totally strip the scoot down again.Time is runnin down for road tests to make sure it'll be tickety boo for long hard travellin.

Went to the Coombs Swap on Sunday and picked up a repop front Pan-style fender bumper/rail.Also an OEM mud flap for the front fender to replace my torn home made one.These won't go on til next winter.Both bought from Dewey.
Also scored a good set of wind deflectors to replace my patched ones that won't fit on now.The new-to-me ones are a different style and easier to put on. I think that I can make these work.WooHoo!!
Got a free H4 headlight lense to have on hand if mine should get stoned.  

Ran into Chef jmac there.He was lookin for Rat bike parts but didn't have any luck.

EDIT:
Strange the way my ears & brain works.It's now April 10,8:30 am.Into my head pops this.Jmac is lookin for a RACK for his tour pack.When I asked him what he was lookin for I heard RAT BIKE parts.Once I heard him say small tour pack I knew that I'd heard wrong, but days later the initial thought was what came out.

Last edited by Dennman on Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Dennman
Dennman

Back to top Go down

And it begins. - Page 4 Empty rat parts

Post  jmac11 Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:43 am

Question jmac fuck if I know what happened there

jmac11

Back to top Go down

Post  kootenai Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:20 am

what you needing to find for the beloved rat jmac??
kootenai
kootenai
Admin

https://66-84.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

And it begins. - Page 4 Empty They're In BC and Comin Soon!!!!

Post  Dennman Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:18 pm

Got an E-mail from Sam in Smithers. The heads are there and he's shippin collect ASAP.I have to send my front S&S head to him collect to complete the warranty.

And it begins. - Page 4 Warran10

Needless to say I'm Ecstatic,Surprised and very thankful that Sam (Eyecandy Customs) in Smithers got this result for me.

Back to the shop for the teardown.Want to get this done before May 4.Swap meet in Campbell River that I want to ride up to.
Dennman
Dennman

Back to top Go down

Post  sunnydog Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:21 pm

Fricken sweet Denn, now that's great advertising for S&S...good on em  sunny 
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Post  kootenai Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:12 pm

man those look so good,,im droolin and shorting the button board out..................... Cool 
kootenai
kootenai
Admin

https://66-84.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Dave Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:50 pm

Great news Den , still some hope for us little guys

Dave
Big Dave
Big Dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Dennman Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:28 pm

Big Dave wrote:Great news Den , still some hope for us little guys

Dave

I'm pretty sure ,Dave that had I been tryin to deal w/ S&S personally I wouldn't have had this happen.I owe Sam all the credit for gettin this result.He's not a big indy ,so whatever he said in his communications w/ them was pivotal in S&S decision to warranty the heads.I would have been happy to get just a back head but the complete head,gaskets, rocker bolts kit was unexpected.
Dennman
Dennman

Back to top Go down

And it begins. - Page 4 Empty Always comes apart easier than goin Together.

Post  Dennman Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:28 pm

Spent a few hours in the shop pullin pieces off today.Didn't take long to get the heads off.Got the front S&S head ,that i'm sending back to Sam, boxed.I'll send it when I hear from the Greyhound that my Package is here.
Time to clean front  piston,cylinder and rocker box mating surfaces.
Dennman
Dennman

Back to top Go down

And it begins. - Page 4 Empty Anticipation

Post  Dennman Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:26 pm

All cleaned up and waitin for heads!

Lookin around the scoot and wonderin why there was so much motor oil under and on the tranny.Found my crankcase breather hose just layin on the bottom x-brace.Apparently when I put the bottom end back in ,I forgot to hook the line back up to the nipple.
Should be a little cleaner this year.
Dennman
Dennman

Back to top Go down

Post  sunnydog Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:46 am

I was gonna say sumthin bout that dirty bike...then looked at my own and thought better not LOL...  sunny 
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

And it begins. - Page 4 Empty They're Here!!!

Post  Dennman Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:10 pm

The new shiney S&S heads are in my shop.Now a couple head gaskets to get annealed and Copper Coated.The reassembly can then begin!
Dennman
Dennman

Back to top Go down

Post  zaac Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:57 pm

Should you anneal new copper's cause I never have and have put on ten's of thousands trouble free miles. No copper coat neither but maybe that is the advantage with 7:1 compression. Nothing beats low compression imo. So much less trouble and any gas you want to use with no detonation. And it still climbs the mountains in 4th:) You low comp too, right?
zaac
zaac

Back to top Go down

Post  Dennman Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:03 pm

zaac wrote:Should you anneal new copper's cause I never have and have put on ten's of thousands trouble free miles. No copper coat neither but maybe that is the advantage with 7:1 compression. Nothing beats low compression imo. So much less trouble and any gas you want to use with no detonation. And it still climbs the mountains in 4th:) You low comp too, right?

I never did before but head gaskets are a real chore to redo so I take all precautions when puttin them in.I've read that the punched out holes are hardened around the edges by the process.The big bore hole sits on an raised machined surface on the S&S barrels.I want to be sure that the copper compresses really well there.No big deal to heat the gaskets up red hot on an electric stove and quench them in cold water.
Dennman
Dennman

Back to top Go down

Post  zaac Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:25 am

Sounds like a good plan, Den. That little lip on the barrels makes them seal nice. Not much chance of sucking oil in then.
zaac
zaac

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum