48-84
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interesting trip home on Aug.22-23

Go down

Interesting trip home on Aug.22-23 Empty Interesting trip home on Aug.22-23

Post  Dennman Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:45 pm

Left toad in the rain.Very cool temps. Pretty much stuck with me til Grand Forks. Shimmy started up again. After the Kaslo / Slocan loop with Hammer and Sunny Dog , I checked my rear tire. I found 1 busted spoke and many loose ones. Tighten those up and road to Nelson. The scoot was fun to ride again with no shakin goin on. After stopping in to see Larry the weather was much drier so not too worried about the little shakin yet. Spent the night in Princeton under thundering skies to the East. A couple small showers on the way to Hope.When I stopped for gas a fella came over and told me the rear of my scoot was shakin.After my hands had got warm and the scoot cooled down,I retightened the spokes again and all was fine. I got lost after turning off #1 into Abbotsford. Starting hearing a weird noise at low speed and my rear brake was failing. When I finally came to a stop at a traffic light I notice a pool of oil on my left floorboard. Somewhere the timing plug had blown out along with about 2 litres of oil. Did the carved stick plug fix and that got me home after finally finding the ferry. Even harder to see with 60W and lucas additive coating my glasses. So now I'm putting off unpacking all my oil soaked gear.The scoots still out front of the house in the gravel dripping. I'll be searching out a new rear wheel and stripped out timing plug repair plug. Still recouping from the white knuckle and death grip on the bars ride home. Now if my health stays as good as that test proved,I'll be seein ya'll next year.
Dennman
Dennman

Back to top Go down

Interesting trip home on Aug.22-23 Empty Wooden plug gave out!

Post  Dennman Sat Sep 16, 2023 11:37 am

Well the plug finally failed on my first test ride with better rear rim, new sprocket and chain. Scoot ran great but I blew the timing wooden plug. Spent some time in a nicely shaded road whittlin another plug. Thought it was a good one but.......it blew out half way home. So again I'm whittlin on a busier road with no shoulder and a deep ditch. Luckily I'd kept a length of limb with me. Spent time lookin for a hammer rock to install the plug. That got me home. I'm havin no luck findin a metal plug to fit the stripped out 5/8 hole. Time to improvise with some grinding and die work.
Dennman
Dennman

Back to top Go down