48-84
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just scored a nice frame

5 posters

Go down

Just scored a nice frame Empty Just scored a nice frame

Post  coopsta Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:06 pm

Was sniffing thru kijiji last night and came upon an add for a 1980 fx frame with alberta registration, so I emailed the dude and we talked this morning. He sent me a few photos, and she looks like a winner so I scooped that bitch up. So I gotta go and pick it up this week sometime over just south of calgary.
coopsta
coopsta

Back to top Go down

Just scored a nice frame Empty Re: Just scored a nice frame

Post  Dennman Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:34 pm

Was thinking about your frame quest yesterday.My indy informed me that he had just bought a "container" of parts including a couple hardtail frames and a Revtech tranny.Sounds like a rag and handcleaner day at the indy's for me.
Dennman
Dennman

Back to top Go down

Post  sunnydog Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:03 pm

Great news Coop, and Dennman!!
So this is the frame you will use for your weld-on hardtail project Carlos?
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Just scored a nice frame Empty Weld on

Post  coopsta Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:45 pm

Well Sunny I will be using this frame for a weld on project for sure, and once I get the frame if its as easy as I think to get it registered in my name I certainly think it will fit the bill. I just believe if you are going to "build" a 60-70's era long fork chopper we have to do it from scratch. I have some reservations about cutting the neck to get approx 38-40 degrees but it has to be done so be it.
Its funny ya know you have a plan and you put it out there to the universe and you end up getting back what you want, maybe not exactly what you want but close. I called this guy this morning and he said he had 12 guys respond to that add by this morning, I said I would send him some dough asap to hold it until I could hook up with him, after we chatted for a bit he asked why I wanted the frame, I told him my plans and he said well don't worry bout it I will hold the frame for you and pull the add from kijiji. I thought that was cool.
I still want to get a paughco frame ass well so I am not 100% sure what is going to be what.

Back to my cooky put it out there positive thinking stuff, so this afternoon a guy I know who has this 80 FLHS shovel shows up at the shop this afternoon. He really likes old bikes, but just doesn't have the patience to work on them. He says hey if I want to sell my bike would you be interested? Can you say donor bike? He wants 5k but the bike is in need of some serious loving. He paid way to much but the bike has some really nice peices and now he wants to get an evo, so maybe I can pry the shovel out of his hands for 3500 bucks or something.
coopsta
coopsta

Back to top Go down

Post  Dennman Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:03 pm

Sounds like things are falling into place for your build Carlos.It'll be a treat watching it come together.
Dennman
Dennman

Back to top Go down

Post  kootenai Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:04 pm

sounds like some cool happenings for you carlos,,right on man!
kootenai
kootenai
Admin

https://66-84.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  coopsta Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:09 pm

Well the guy was asking a decent price for a registered frame so I figured it was full steam ahead. Laughing
coopsta
coopsta

Back to top Go down

Just scored a nice frame Empty Just got home

Post  coopsta Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:17 pm

Drove out to Turner Valley this morning and picked me up a really nice 1980 FXWG frame. To bad the guy put on a nice coat of powder on it lol.
Now that is a first year of the wide glide frame......oh why do I get into these fucking predicaments, why couldn't that have just been a crummy super glide frame Rolling Eyes
coopsta
coopsta

Back to top Go down

Post  kootenai Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:24 pm

coopsta wrote:Drove out to Turner Valley this morning and picked me up a really nice 1980 FXWG frame. To bad the guy put on a nice coat of powder on it lol.
Now that is a first year of the wide glide frame......oh why do I get into these fucking predicaments, why couldn't that have just been a crummy super glide frame Rolling Eyes
hmmmm what to do,what to do,,,,that puts two voices in my brain...one says fark it and chop that fucker up,,,but then its like hmmmmmmm wonder if i should hang on to that fucker for tradin goods..................
kootenai
kootenai
Admin

https://66-84.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sunnydog Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:38 pm

Carlos I got an old XR250 frame ya could chop up all ya want, trade ya for that FXWG frame alien
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Post  Roadhammer Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:47 pm

Dennman wrote:Was thinking about your frame quest yesterday.My indy informed me that he had just bought a "container" of parts including a couple hardtail frames and a Revtech tranny.Sounds like a rag and handcleaner day at the indy's for me.

Now Denn....dont be all secretive about what ya find in the container load, Im lookin for a five stud hub and may be interested in a rigid if you come across something intereting.

Roadhammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dennman Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:48 pm

Roadhammer wrote:
Dennman wrote:Was thinking about your frame quest yesterday.My indy informed me that he had just bought a "container" of parts including a couple hardtail frames and a Revtech tranny.Sounds like a rag and handcleaner day at the indy's for me.

Now Denn....dont be all secretive about what ya find in the container load, Im lookin for a five stud hub and may be interested in a rigid if you come across something intereting.
Hammer ,The parts won't be ready for pawin through til probably Wednesday next.I want to take my camera to get shots of the interesting parts and the frames.Could be a decently priced score if there's enough of a haul worth having.I always get a good deal from Jack,my indy,when I've got a pile that I want (new or used) and cash is even a better price for me.
Dennman
Dennman

Back to top Go down

Just scored a nice frame Empty Ya and while your at it

Post  coopsta Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:54 pm

If there is a ratchet top 4 speed and a nice original rigid frame in that there pile of parts I would be quite interested ass well Shocked
coopsta
coopsta

Back to top Go down

Post  Dennman Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:31 pm

coopsta wrote: If there is a ratchet top 4 speed and a nice original rigid frame in that there pile of parts I would be quite interested ass well Shocked
You immediately came to mind when Jack mentioned the Hardtails in the pile.I'll be doin my best to check the whole pile out.
Dennman
Dennman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down