48-84
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hay you fokkers...listen up to this messerschmitt!!!

5 posters

Go down

Hay you fokkers...listen up to this messerschmitt!!! Empty Hay you fokkers...listen up to this messerschmitt!!!

Post  sunnydog Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:53 pm

Just puttin' my feelers out....lookin for a reasonable priced Shovel bagger style bike, could be FLH or FLT or some crossbreed if it's in good shape. I'm at the search stage right now but hopin' to get one before next summer...let me know if ya hear about any or got any in your barn (yeah Denn I'd take yours I know it'll bring home the venison)...much appreciated.
sunny 
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Hay you fokkers...listen up to this messerschmitt!!! Empty Re: Hay you fokkers...listen up to this messerschmitt!!!

Post  Dennman Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:27 pm

Thought I was gonna hear a vintage plane fire up or at least an old 3-wheeled German auto.
I'll keep an eye out sunny 

Quick couple on Kijiji--
http://bc.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-motorcycles-touring-1980-Harley-Davidson-Touring-W0QQAdIdZ509104846

http://bc.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-motorcycles-touring-1982-Harley-Davidson-FLT-upgraded-to-FLTC-W0QQAdIdZ528440031
Dennman
Dennman

Back to top Go down

Hay you fokkers...listen up to this messerschmitt!!! Empty Re: Hay you fokkers...listen up to this messerschmitt!!!

Post  sunnydog Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:18 pm

Thx Denn, that first ones an absolute beaut...and w collector plates the insurance savings pays for the damn thing
Second one I called about earlier today...gone of course:x

I'm hopin to get one for under 6k, will go south if need be there's a couple around Spokane in that range...however the import fees, inspection and general f&$#n govt horseshit is gotta be worth 1k difference for sure so BC bike preferred.scratch 
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Post  h.d.ryder Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:41 pm

Ya, I expected to see a german plane fire up as well.
Unless they changed the rules again, you don`t need to get a motorcycle inspected from that vintage when importing a motorcycle into Canada or from out of province. (cars are different)
I imported my 79 shovel from Indiana a few years ago and registered it in my name the next day, no problemo. Same with my Alberta Knuck, no inspection required,
all they do is eyeball the V.I.N.
I`ll keep an eye out for you, good luck in your search.

h.d.ryder

Back to top Go down

Post  Dennman Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:12 pm

sunnydog wrote:Thx Denn, that first ones an absolute beaut...and w collector plates the insurance savings pays for the damn thing
Second one I called about earlier today...gone of course:x

I'm hopin to get one for under 6k, will go south if need be there's a couple around Spokane in that range...however the import fees, inspection and general f&$#n govt horseshit is gotta be worth 1k difference for sure so BC bike preferred.scratch 
Check w/ jmac on importin.He did the FLT and '77 from down there.
Dennman
Dennman

Back to top Go down

Post  jmac Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:04 am

h.d.ryder wrote:Ya, I expected to see a german plane fire up as well.
Unless they changed the rules again, you don`t need to get a motorcycle inspected from that vintage when importing a motorcycle into Canada or from out of province. (cars are different)
I imported my 79 shovel from Indiana a few years ago and registered it in my name the next day, no problemo. Same with my Alberta Knuck, no inspection required,
all they do is eyeball the V.I.N.
I`ll keep an eye out for you, good luck in your search.
Same deal as me no inspection just had to eyeball the vin jmac

jmac

Back to top Go down

Post  sunnydog Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:59 am

Heh heh, thanks you guys, good info...well, guess I better come thru w my end, here's a couple vids for ya
Messerchmidt
https://youtu.be/_a_TETqe1Cg

Here's a fokker, check out the rotary engine, cylinders spin around the crank...good thing so many wings lotsa lift
https://youtu.be/0aaf2WnHG_A

I even threw in a Sopwith Pup for ya'll...what a beautiful little plane love the lines and the colors on this one...
https://youtu.be/XHSz6MCIqkY
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Post  sunnydog Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:08 am

...and a Sopwith Camel, I didn't know they rocked so much on the ground, kinda funny these little beauties had some jam....reportedly challenging to handle throttle on the ground. Ya know this era in flyin reminds me of why I like he Shovel so much, the sound, the wind blowin yer hair back, the power as you roll on the throttle, fuckin' cool....here's one flying in formation w a Spitfire.
https://youtu.be/j6PnKUEFX8g
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Post  Dennman Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:01 am

A little misfire ,poppin and spittin oil.At least the shovel doesn't fall from the sky when the goin gets real rough!
Dennman
Dennman

Back to top Go down

Post  sunnydog Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:31 am

Dennman wrote:A little misfire ,poppin and spittin oil.At least the shovel doesn't fall from the sky when the goin gets real rough!
Very true! A mystery to me how those engines run with the stationary crank and the spinning cylinders...how the hell do you get fuel to the cylinders? Must be slight leakage LOL
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Post  Dennman Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:11 pm

An FLT "Fatboy" Ha Ha!
http://abbotsford.en.craigslist.ca/mcy/4149809307.html
Dennman
Dennman

Back to top Go down

Post  sunnydog Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:40 pm

Dennman wrote:An FLT "Fatboy" Ha Ha!
http://abbotsford.en.craigslist.ca/mcy/4149809307.html
Damn, not a bad lookin bike for an 1882, wonder what it needs I may call him...thx Denn
Sunny
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Post  sunnydog Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:53 pm

Just talked to that fella, mite get one of the lower mainlanders to look at it for me, sounds not too bad, needs some work but nothin impossible. Shit, an 1882!
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Post  Dennman Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:38 pm

sunnydog wrote:Just talked to that fella, mite get one of the lower mainlanders to look at it for me, sounds not too bad, needs some work but nothin impossible.  Shit, an 1882!
When he says it needs $1500 to get it runnin and he's callin it a Fat Boy  clown ,I'm figurein that's mosty shop time at a dealership or rip off indy pirat .
Oh yeah and the 1882 vintage!!! Shocked Think it's a 1 off rarity man.Doesn't look like a woodburner though scratch .Musta been upgraded to a petroleum based fuel? cheers
Dennman
Dennman

Back to top Go down

Post  sunnydog Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:57 pm

And you would be correct Denn
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Post  Dennman Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:03 am

sunnydog wrote:And you would be correct Denn

Has he got all the tour gear---bags,fairing,tour pack?
Dennman
Dennman

Back to top Go down

Post  sunnydog Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:08 am

Not sure Denn, I just asked a few quick Qs about engine , chassis and title...pied Kiltedcylon to see if he mite look at it in person and check a few things for me...
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Post  sunnydog Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:16 am

Know anybody else in the lower mainland, Surrey or Abbotsford who might be able to look at this? Cylon hasn't got back to me yet.
SUnny
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Post  Dennman Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:20 am

sunnydog wrote:Know anybody else in the lower mainland, Surrey or Abbotsford who might be able to look at this?  Cylon hasn't got back to me yet.
SUnny
Can't help there.Don't know anybody over there w/ shovel knowledge.
Dennman
Dennman

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Dave Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:33 pm

Sunny i sent my brother an e mail to see if he would be able to go look at it for you , hes not into shovels but he rides and he honest so ill see what he says
Dave
Big Dave
Big Dave

Back to top Go down

Post  sunnydog Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:54 pm

Hey Dave that would be great, if he could say he's lookin on behalf of John I'd appreciate it!!
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Dave Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:45 am

Sunny my brother says he would be glad to but he leaves for Toronto tomorrow night so would need the info asap
Dave
Big Dave
Big Dave

Back to top Go down

Post  sunnydog Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:54 am

Big Dave wrote:Sunny my brother says he would be glad to but he leaves for Toronto tomorrow night so would need the info asap
Dave
Thx Dave, the guys name is Steve, 604-772-1971, if your brother could tell Steve he's lookin at bike on behalf of John from Kimberley BC...mucho appreciado
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Dave Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:56 am

anything specific you want to know
Big Dave
Big Dave

Back to top Go down

Post  sunnydog Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:03 am

Just wanted to know if engine is free, apparently starters not workin so could prolly roll it in gear...also check trans and engine fluids, see if clutch works, lights work...just general impression of condition, I know it's far from perfect but that's pretty good price even for a basket FLT and I think it's better than a basket. He said it's been a good runner, just starter issues and rear brake problem that he can't fix himself....Oh yeah is there any bags, fairing w it?
I will make it worth your brothers while...
sunny 
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Dave Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:17 am

He will try to go out today if not tomorrow morning
will let you know

Dave
Big Dave
Big Dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Dave Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:29 am

expect a call between 11-12

Dave
Big Dave
Big Dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Dave Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:20 pm

Well we tried
What's next Question 
Dave
Big Dave
Big Dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Dave Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:30 pm

Sunny my brother says if something else comes up feel free to contact him
Dave
Big Dave
Big Dave

Back to top Go down

Post  sunnydog Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:12 am

Slab shovel, under $3000?? Bwahahahaha
Fuck I'm still on the hunt
Preciate the help from Bob
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Post  Dennman Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:42 pm

sunnydog wrote:Slab shovel, under $3000??  Bwahahahaha
Fuck I'm still on the hunt
Preciate the help from Bob
What is this kindney cover Shovel that you speek of? How did the 1882 turn into a '66-'69?
Dennman
Dennman

Back to top Go down

Post  sunnydog Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:20 pm

No im just dreamin
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down