48-84
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What a rush...

4 posters

Go down

What a rush... Empty What a rush...

Post  '79Lowrider Tue May 07, 2019 9:30 am

Been having a juvenile black bear hanging around the homestead since last summer, caught a glimpse of him here and there and saw signs he'd been on my decks in the past. Most recently when I had smoked/roasted a turkey for Easter dinner on my outdoor pellet grill. There were two muddy paw prints on it when I got back from supper at Mom's place that Sunday night.

Got woken up before 6 this morning by something fairly heavy sounding on the back deck outside the master bedroom. Bleary eyed, I grabbed my S&W 629 .44 Mag that I've been keeping close at hand lately and fumbled around for my glasses. Opened a shade and peered out but couldn't see anything at all. Went to the living room and looked up and down the deck and then the front one as well and no sign of anything. Went back to the bedroom and heard some empty beer bottles that I had in a garbage bag outside the back door, clinking. Immediately went there and saw a bear leaving to the east as I opened the door. When he heard the door open he did a U-turn and came back to the step and stood up. I shot him centre mass from about 12-15 feet away with the first round, which knocked him ass over teakettle over a sharp declination that leads to the lake N of the house. Put another round in his back before he started running for the bushline 30-40 yards away. Fired 3 more rounds of 240 gr JHP at him while he was running and thought I saw him break stride with one impact. Guessing the fucker will die in the bush somewhere.

I didn't have much luck getting back to sleep after that. One of the rather dubious perks of living far back in the NE Alberta wilds, I guess...

'79Lowrider

Back to top Go down

What a rush... Empty Re: What a rush...

Post  sunnydog Tue May 07, 2019 8:37 pm

what if it was Herve Villaichez of Fantasy Island and not a black bear at all!!??
Ahh whatever same diff, lol
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Post  ratman Tue May 07, 2019 9:17 pm

sunnydog wrote:what if it was Herve Villaichez of Fantasy Island and not a black bear at all!!??
Ahh whatever same diff, lol

I'm thinkin' it was the neighbor meth head in a bear suit looking for beer bottles to steal.

44 Mag don't mean shit to a tweaker.......
ratman
ratman

Back to top Go down

Post  Dennman Thu May 09, 2019 11:29 am

We live just on the edge of Courtenay and have bear visitors in the fal to eat from our apple and nut trees. We let them be as they were here first.We aren't ascaird of bears.
Dennman
Dennman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum