48-84
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Denman did you do any digging?

3 posters

Go down

Denman did you do any digging? Empty Denman did you do any digging?

Post  coopsta Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:16 pm

Did you get a look at that shipment of parts you talked about the other day? Cool
coopsta
coopsta

Back to top Go down

Denman did you do any digging? Empty Re: Denman did you do any digging?

Post  Dennman Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:17 pm

Not yet .
Spent the day putting the heads back on, getting my intake lined up and installed w/ new o-ring clamps.Damn near lost a fingertip putting the clamps on.As it was I gouged the shit outa the backs of my hands.Those T-bolt clamps are a pain to install but a good tight seal when done.
I figure tomorrow afternoon i'll check and see if Jack's got the parts accessable for me to view and glean some usable pieces.
Dennman
Dennman

Back to top Go down

Post  sunnydog Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:40 am

I call shotgun on the mint UL motor!!
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Post  Dennman Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:46 am

sunnydog wrote:I call shotgun on the mint UL motor!!
I got that one tagged for use as a doorstop.
Dennman
Dennman

Back to top Go down

Post  Dennman Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:43 pm

Well Jack has had so much traffic through his shop lately that he hasn't even undone the lock on the container.Maybe by Saturday.
Dennman
Dennman

Back to top Go down

Denman did you do any digging? Empty one less part

Post  coopsta Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:51 pm

found a decent 78 ratchet top for 600 bones that santa is bringing me for xmas. It seems like ratchet tops are getting hard to find, I mean you could always go with a baker 4 speed but the 2500 bucks they want seems a bit much for my beer budget.
Do you think 600 is on the high side? Up here even a cowpie everyone wants 900-1000 bucks for. Anyway this guy says this one is in really nice shape, from the pics there is no cracks or welds on the case, with a little cleaning and a coat of rattle can she will be just like new I hope anyways?

Long fork Coop
coopsta
coopsta

Back to top Go down

Post  Dennman Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:03 pm

coopsta wrote:found a decent 78 ratchet top for 600 bones that santa is bringing me for xmas. It seems like ratchet tops are getting hard to find, I mean you could always go with a baker 4 speed but the 2500 bucks they want seems a bit much for my beer budget.
Do you think 600 is on the high side? Up here even a cowpie everyone wants 900-1000 bucks for. Anyway this guy says this one is in really nice shape, from the pics there is no cracks or welds on the case, with a little cleaning and a coat of rattle can she will be just like new I hope anyways?

Long fork Coop

$600 doesn't sound bad for up here.Hopin the guts are good to go.I paid $600 at least 20yrs. ago for an FX cowpie that lasted me a few years before I rebuilt the ratchet.
Dennman
Dennman

Back to top Go down

Post  sunnydog Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:04 pm

Long Fork, it seems you have a new handle every week...then again you are a man of multiple personalit...ahem talents!
That's prolly a pretty standard price in Canuckland, I do see em now and then on the ChopCult (CC) for cheaper, but then again the chopper craze is comin back with a vengeance and ya gotta be a vulture on that stuff now. I'll keep my eyes peeled on for other goodies on the CC if ya have any requests...there some damn good deals on there now and then.
Timmy Of the Tool.
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Denman did you do any digging? Empty This one is from Tex-ass

Post  coopsta Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:18 pm

Ya up here they want a load more, so I am importing this one but if ya wants a ratchet seems like ya gotta pay for the whole socket set too? WTF I could have got at least 2-3 8 balls for what I paid for that tranny.....er I mean a really nice peavy amp ya!!

Long fork Coop

Was going to go with Forken long Coop but it just didn't have the same ring to it lol Rolling Eyes
coopsta
coopsta

Back to top Go down

Post  sunnydog Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:27 pm

I got a mailbox in Idaho (you-da-ho!), often the yanks'll ship free in the lower 48 and I get some good deals. pirat
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Denman did you do any digging? Empty Stuff I am looking for

Post  coopsta Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:28 pm

Well I am looking for a decent set of cases, prefer genny LMAO cause they are in such abundance.......but I have a set of 80" wheels out of my late cone motor so if you stumble across a set of decent cone cases I could use them. Was considering a set of them S&S genny repop cases they have out now, but 1500 bucks buys alot of hash and whores Surprised
coopsta
coopsta

Back to top Go down

Denman did you do any digging? Empty You know that mailbox is a grand idea

Post  coopsta Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:32 pm

I really should get a mailbox in sweetgrass as well, fuck its only a couple hours to the border....would save a boat load in shipping bullshit. I have thought about it many times and it would save a ton.....J&P ship for free in the states on anything over 200 buxx good thinking. What does it cost for a mailbox in You-da-hoe?

Long Fork
coopsta
coopsta

Back to top Go down

Post  sunnydog Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:57 pm

Longfork, it's actually a FedEx office, but Eastport is a town of about 30 souls, so the guy basically acts as post office as well. I pay him 5 bucks for first item and around 2 bucks for every one after that. Usually wait for five or six items to accumulate the go down there. Usually costs about 10 bucks and I can really leave stuff there for a month or more at times. He receives everything from bolts up to 1000lb machines cause he has a seacan and a small forklift...it's really a sweet deal cause paying duty at border is usually no more than 10 percent, which is way cheaper than havin stuff shipped to my house...it's about an hour drive from here....holy shit I'm rambling!!!!
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Denman did you do any digging? Empty Damn

Post  coopsta Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:20 pm

Well I was going to ask you if I could send it to your "guy" in eastport but I have had a couple bad experiences with shipping. A buddy in Estevan had the same thing but in Noonan, same type of deal as your outlet, little town of maybe couple hundred. He said ya ship it to this guy, but he didn't tell me not to ship it USPS. So I got the tranny shipped from bum fuck Minnesota by post, well what I didn't know was this hardware store was right beside the post office and the post office lady had an extreme hatred for her neighboor because he had this pick up location and it was cutting her out or something, or maybe they were married and he dumped her or whatever, any ways the package got delivered to the post office but the old bitch returned the package for wrong address......basically I didn't understand the deal, and should have realized the post office wouldn't have accepted or delivered a package with the wrong name on it even though it was the right address, but I am dumb and well the package got returned to sender......
So I email the guy that sent the tranny and tell him its on its way back when you get it can you just send it to me up here and I will pay the shipping, but low and behold he says he never gets the thing back.....and he "can't find" the tracking number oh how fucking convenient......I pay him 600 bucks he gets the tranny back and I have no way to prove he did or didn't and can't track the fucking thing.....so the moral of this little story is if your stupid you better be tuff......just wish I was less tuff LMAO .... tongue
coopsta
coopsta

Back to top Go down

Post  sunnydog Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:16 am

I think Dennman is our new "guy" with all the parts!!! I can't wait till my 80" flatty arrives. sunny
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Post  Dennman Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:55 pm

Jack still hasn't got into his container.All he has pulled out are the 2 hardtail frames and Revtec tranny.He has no idea what the frames are and no paperwork on the frames.The way business is going in his shop he figures he won't get anything done til between Christmas and New Years.

Jan. 5/13
Jack is still too busy to get into his stash.Got a bit of a look in his stash today.It was packed tight in a small space.Looks mostly newer twink.He bought the lot from a body shop.Takeoffs and some new bits from HD.He said that the body guy could only get sets of new parts when he only needed one piece.I did spot a couple possible shovel pieces (3 rail tourpack rack and a headlight beauty ring) so there still might be some interest for me.
Dennman
Dennman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down