48-84
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ANY ONE ALIVE OUT THERE?

Go down

ANY ONE ALIVE OUT THERE? Empty ANY ONE ALIVE OUT THERE?

Post  Dennman Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:09 pm

Haven't been able to get on here since last November. Not much happening with the 66-84 crew.
Bike is still laid up with no timing plug. Not much enthusiasm in colder weather. Hoping i'll get a solution figured out.
Probably goin to be my last trip east to the Kootenays. Hoping I get there this July.
THAT'S ALL.
bOOGALOO for our departed camp Chef Jmac.
Dennman
Dennman

Back to top Go down

ANY ONE ALIVE OUT THERE? Empty Re: ANY ONE ALIVE OUT THERE?

Post  Dennman Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:58 pm

Well finally I have a solution to my stripped timing plug problem. After buying bolts and a large 5/8 tap, that were still too small, I have a 5\8 boat bung. It adjusts up with a toggle for a tight fit.Just a slight trim needed to clear the inner primary Trusting it'll stay in with the pressure. .Gotta be better than a carved wooden plug. Was worried that it might interfere with the mousetrap clutch rod but that seems to just clear OK.
Operational success for the plug after others small issues , fluid changings and overall checkups are done

Probably just talking to myself here but I see some folks are viewin my posts whether they be members or not. Could be helpful to some rider. No metal shavings to deal with drillin and tappin for a repair plug on an assembled engine.
Dennman
Dennman

Back to top Go down