48-84
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well damn it all anyhoo!

4 posters

Go down

Well damn it all anyhoo! Empty Well damn it all anyhoo!

Post  Dennman Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:43 pm

Seems that my eastward migration to Toad has another road block or two in my way.
I won't let it stop me from ridin to Toad Rock. I'm leavin early Tues. the 27th and catchin the first ferry off this rock.So far it looks like I can get through the ashes of Lytton up to Spences Bridge and across to Merritt.Some smoke to deal with there.South from there to Princeton and East. Plannin on an overnight stop somewhere around Keremeos to Rock Creek. Another smoky area there.
I don't know how ridin will affect my endurance.I use to make the ride in one day but I'm thinkin my time off may have made that unreasonable. Guess the miles,heat and smoke will tell me if I'm just too outa shape and old to do it.
Ya'll be good and if possible,"I'll see ya out on the road!"
Dennman
Dennman

Back to top Go down

Well damn it all anyhoo! Empty Re: Well damn it all anyhoo!

Post  ratman Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:39 pm

Hwy 3 was closed a few days ago but is now open again east of Osoyoos. They say limited visibility lots of smoke in the region.

Hwy 6 through Nakusp is a no-go due to the big fires near Edgewood and Fauquier. It re-opened today but that way would be pretty dodgy if they evacuate Edgewood.

Note there is a travel advisory from Lytton to Spences Bridge. If you can get by that way then worst case you could always do Merrit then the connector to Kelowna if you didn't want to head south to Princeton and continue east on Hwy 3. So far Hwy 33 from Kelowna to Rock Creek is OK.

If you do decide to do the Connector let me know. I'm a short ride from Kelowna and there is a room here for you. I'll be in Kelowna having dinner with some friends at 530 Tuesday night, but would be home probably 8'ish

I'm sure you have been in touch with Mary so you know they closed the showers down at Toad due to water restrictions. This summer is not turning out well and we have to get through August when the real fire season is on......
ratman
ratman

Back to top Go down

Post  kootenai Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:43 pm

safe travels denn, see ya when we do.
kootenai
kootenai
Admin

https://66-84.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dennman Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:32 am

ratman wrote:Hwy 3 was closed a few days ago but is now open again east of Osoyoos.  They say limited visibility lots of smoke in the region.

Hwy 6 through Nakusp is a no-go due to the big fires near Edgewood and Fauquier.  It re-opened today but that way would be pretty dodgy if they evacuate Edgewood.

Note there is a travel advisory from Lytton to Spences Bridge.  If you can get by that way then worst case you could always do Merrit then the connector to Kelowna if you didn't want to head south to Princeton and continue east on Hwy 3.  So far Hwy 33 from Kelowna to Rock Creek is OK.  

If you do decide to do the Connector let me know.  I'm a short ride from Kelowna and there is a room here for you.  I'll be in Kelowna having dinner with some friends at 530 Tuesday night, but would be home probably 8'ish

I'm sure you have been in touch with Mary so you know they closed the showers down at Toad due to water restrictions.  This summer is not turning out well and we have to get through August when the real fire season is on......
Think I'll be avoiding Spences to Merritt. Cache Ck /Ashcroft route looks OK.Well Ashcroft is out now (4:14am) so on to Kamloops and down the Cocahalla to Merritt.Then south to Princeton and 3 across.
Showers? I'm not workin horse hay and crap so a tits,pits and a-hole wash should suffice. Always the lake for a total dust off.
Dennman
Dennman

Back to top Go down

Post  sunnydog Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:44 am

ride safe, travel well!
Dog
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Post  ratman Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:38 pm

Safe Ride Denn
ratman
ratman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down