48-84
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Improvein on a Vintage Pan Accessory.

4 posters

Go down

Improvein on a Vintage Pan Accessory. Empty Improvein on a Vintage Pan Accessory.

Post  Dennman Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:26 pm

Been lookin for a set of these little suckers for awhile.

Improvein on a Vintage Pan Accessory. Small_10

Found 1 at the Coombs swap last Sat. Fella only had the one with him.For $2 I figured that I could make a set now that I had the basic shape.
Well these are for use w/ a windshield and just don't do the job or mount to the batwing setup easily.

Sooooooooooooo,
out w/ the aluminum sign ,hack saw, asst. files,sandpaper and drill press.
Made a cardboard template and after many fit tries and reshapeins,I got to the metal workin and came up w/ these.

Improvein on a Vintage Pan Accessory. Nacell10

They'll be bolted to the top nacelle mountin bolt and run along the underside of the nacelle ridge to just short of the batwing at the headlight.

Goin to run some kind of rubber edging along the nacelle side to cut down vibration and squeeks.A road run (when the weather finally gets decent for more than a day) after mountin will tell if they're gonna cut the wind and bugs blowin up behind the windshield.
Dennman
Dennman

Back to top Go down

Improvein on a Vintage Pan Accessory. Empty Re: Improvein on a Vintage Pan Accessory.

Post  kootenai Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:54 pm

right on den hope it works out..
kootenai
kootenai
Admin

https://66-84.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Improvein on a Vintage Pan Accessory. Empty Re: Improvein on a Vintage Pan Accessory.

Post  sunnydog Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:04 am

Cool handiwork...nice job Denn...I'd like to see em mounted up to get a better idea
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Dave Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:33 am

Your fab skills are getting real good Dennis , great looking

Dave
Big Dave
Big Dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Dennman Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:38 pm

Big Dave wrote:Your fab skills are getting real good Dennis , great looking

Dave

Thanks ,Dave! Normally I'd polish 'em up to a mirror finish but I'd never be able to keep 'em that way tucked in behind the fairing.I'm pleased that the cold bendin didn't turn out too badly.With aluminum you only get one chance and there was alot of pre-bend work in 'em.
Dennman
Dennman

Back to top Go down

Post  Dennman Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:40 pm

sunnydog wrote:Cool handiwork...nice job Denn...I'd like to see em mounted up to get a better idea
I'll try to get a pic for my files and post it here too.Although there is so much in the way to get a good clear pic.
Dennman
Dennman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down