48-84
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Sale ? dont shoot the messanger

+3
Clark Kent
sunnydog
Big Dave
7 posters

Go down

For Sale ? dont shoot the messanger Empty For Sale ? dont shoot the messanger

Post  Big Dave Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:28 pm

If I decide to sell the shovel whats it worth , great running bike , needs lots of cosmetic stuff about 8000 Km's on top end and have a bunch of parts
For Sale ? dont shoot the messanger Bike_zps05f012e6

Dave

Last edited by Big Dave on Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Big Dave
Big Dave

Back to top Go down

For Sale ? dont shoot the messanger Empty Re: For Sale ? dont shoot the messanger

Post  sunnydog Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:01 pm

Say it ain't so Joe...IMO it's priceless
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

For Sale ? dont shoot the messanger Empty Re: For Sale ? dont shoot the messanger

Post  Big Dave Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:15 pm

Havent made up my mind yet , if i was still in Alberta i wouldnt think twice second bike insurance about $200 a year but here i cant see it ever getting ridden and thats not fair ether , fucking Govt insurance

Dave
Big Dave
Big Dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Clark Kent Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:28 pm

Damn big guy!!! What is it gonna cost you to put it in a special place in your shop, cover it up, and wait a year or two and re-evaluate your decision. You ain't gonna replace it!!! Just sayin!!!

Clark Kent

Back to top Go down

Post  Dennman Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:01 am

Shoot the Messenger? Not a chance.
Now the Owner is a different sitiation! If you weren't so damn big.......... well I'd..I'd... Hell you're just to big but I might be able to out run ya!
Hang on to it Dave. BCCOM has been lobbyin for years to get Fleet Insurance. Insure the most expensive scoot and just transfer the plate to other scoots. Just be your luck to sell it and ICBC goes for the Fleet Ins.Pretty sure the MLA that has ICBC input is a rider. Could happen.
Dennman
Dennman

Back to top Go down

Post  sunnydog Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:42 am

Now that would be sweet! And would make alotta bloody sense! Fuckin' ruffin scruffin tarnation siphlicated Ethiopian ICBC....
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Dave Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:05 pm

OK so i keep it (which is what i want to do ) , what to do for long term storage , not enough room inside the little garage so it would have to be outside . would be under a covered deck so sun/rain etc would not be an issue , i have a good cover for it so what prep work would you do ?

Thanks

Dave
Big Dave
Big Dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Dennman Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:29 pm

What I would do is not what any "normal" person would do.

I advise you to change the oil to get rid of all the corrosive chemicals from combustion. I'd fill the gas tanks and add a gas stabilizer. Check that brake fluid is in good shape with no moisture in it to pit aluminum pistons.

I wouldn't be parkin it for long though. At 6 mos. of min. coverage, It's worth the approx. $4 a day to ride it or not.
Dennman
Dennman

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Dave Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:02 pm

$4 a day is till $680 , im hoping that after knee and back/hip surgery i can get back into it but right now its just to painful to ride , i.m still ok on the RK but that wont last forever , i want to put a lot of miles on 2 wheels before the knife next winter . so i dont want to sell it but wont be riding it . kinda fucked up but not sure what to do thats why i'm thinking storage

Dave
Big Dave
Big Dave

Back to top Go down

Post  sunnydog Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:44 pm

Perhaps we could "store" it in the Kootenays for you lmao....promise we won't ride it What a Face
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Post  Dennman Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:53 pm

Big Dave wrote:$4 a day is till $680 , im hoping that after knee and back/hip surgery i can get back into it but right now its just to painful to ride , i.m still ok on the RK but that wont last forever , i want to put a lot of miles on 2 wheels before the knife next winter . so i dont want to sell it but wont be riding it . kinda fucked up but not sure what to do thats why i'm thinking storage

Dave

That's why I went to floorboards and a solo pogo. Old battered body--old style. Lot more comfortable for those long 15+ day rides.
There's always short term permits too.
Dennman
Dennman

Back to top Go down

Post  kootenai Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:50 pm

don't do it dude!!!!!! once its gone it will haunt ya forever,,,,,,,,,, but if yer gonna do it..,ill give ya 200$ bucks for it and when you realize you miss it ill sell it back to ya for 200$$ with real low miles,,,,,,,,,,i wont take it outta B.C  promise man!!!!!!!
kootenai
kootenai
Admin

https://66-84.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

For Sale ? dont shoot the messanger Empty Just sell it, to much bullshit to deal with

Post  coopsta Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:38 pm

You got the road king now, you won't ever ride that shovel now……by next year you will be at the MoCo's door looking at a twink. Save yourself a lot of aggrevation and just pocket the cash. Be a real swell down payment on the next road sofa.
Few more details and photos of that ugly shovelhead would be appreciated. I would think it would be tough to get more than 5600 bones out of that pile? Problem is there is only like 11 people in western Canada that actually ride these things…..very low demand for old motorcycles…..now if it was a twin cam heritage softail…well people would be all over that like a fat kid on a smarty.

Coop
coopsta
coopsta

Back to top Go down

Post  Roadhammer Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:40 pm

coopsta wrote:  You got the road king now, you won't ever ride that shovel now……by next year you will be at the MoCo's door looking at a twink.  Save yourself a lot of aggrevation and just pocket the cash.  Be a real swell down payment on the next road sofa.  
 Few more details and photos of that ugly shovelhead would be appreciated.  I would think it would be tough to get more than 5600 bones out of that pile?  Problem is there is only like 11 people in western Canada that actually ride these things…..very low demand for old motorcycles…..now if it was a twin cam heritage softail…well people would be all over that like a fat kid on a smarty.  

Coop

Now thats some funny shit right there.....still laughing..... thanx man!

Roadhammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down