48-84
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sphincter workout!!!!

4 posters

Go down

Sphincter workout!!!! Empty Sphincter workout!!!!

Post  Dennman Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:41 pm

Took the Weerier out for a quick burn over to buddy Gerry's to see if he was goin to the Campbell River swap on Sun.I'd just put a digital stick-on clock on the scoot.Barely down the road and the clock fell off.U-turn to retrieve.Pull out and give'er.Only doin 30MPH and front end starts to shimmy,then shake,progressin to a tank slapper.Get it pulled over with some difficulty.Pull out and easy does it to Gerry's.After a visit,I plan to head up to my Indy's (Jack) for a confirmation of what I thought was the problem.(Too tight a preload on the neck bearings).Give the front end a shake and hear a slight "Tink".Closer inspection and the axle clamp is loose,missing 1 nut + washers and the axle nut is only finger tight.Tighten the clamp and axle and head to Jack's for BS and a 5/16th fine thread nylock.All nice a tight on the way home.
  Neighbour mentioned a few days ago about going for a ride together.Glad I didn't go.
Dennman
Dennman

Back to top Go down

Sphincter workout!!!! Empty Re: Sphincter workout!!!!

Post  kootenai Thu May 01, 2014 5:13 am

whoa!! glad to hear that you caught that denn and it didn't turn into something worse!! safe travels out there.
kootenai
kootenai
Admin

https://66-84.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sunnydog Thu May 01, 2014 8:34 am

Sheeitt, glad to hear that worked out for the best Denn.....man o' man! Suspect 
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Dave Sun May 04, 2014 3:33 pm

Glad things worked out safely for you Dennis, How is Gerry kinda worried about him

Dave
Big Dave
Big Dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Dennman Sun May 04, 2014 5:10 pm

Big Dave wrote:Glad things worked out safely for you Dennis, How is Gerry kinda worried about him

Dave

Gerry's doin fine.Rode up to Campbell River with me ,in the rain,to a swap meet today.He's officially retired now.Got his first union pension cheque last week.He's headed East on the 1st of June to catch Friday 13 in Port Dover and then down to visit his family.Probably end up on the east coast again.May be the last trip for the Victory.We been pumpin him to buy a new Indian.Also a 2007 Electra-Glide locally has his interest.It's well maintained,clean and $15,000.
Dennman
Dennman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down