48-84
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well I am going to start taking some guitar lessons!!

Go down

Well I am going to start taking some guitar lessons!! Empty Well I am going to start taking some guitar lessons!!

Post  coopsta on Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:08 pm

Last few days been looking for a lectic guitar, was at a music store this afternoon and gonna get some lessons to speed my learning once I find a decent ax lol. I took guitar when I was a young fucker but at 10 you don't really have a flipping clue about rock/blues....your just to young and dumb to really appreciate how cool a guitar is. So after wanting to get back to trying to learn guitar for the last 20 years off and on, fuck it I am going to give it a shot.
So besides going out and getting a Gibson Les Paul Standard, what do you guys recomend as a good intermediate guitar? The shop I was in had some Hagstroms, been looking on kijiji for some gibbons or epitomes. There are some good deals but trying to find a nice set up that won't have to refinance the house lol.
Coop
coopsta
coopsta

Back to top Go down

Well I am going to start taking some guitar lessons!! Empty Re: Well I am going to start taking some guitar lessons!!

Post  Dennman on Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:48 pm

Good for you Coop! Never too late to pick er again. I took Hawhinin guitar lessons for a couple yrs. (about 50 yrs. ago). Lost interest when I got to high school.Never quite got to the reading notes lessons. I still have my blue (Big Flake) electric lap steel and old matching little amp w/ tubes in my stored stuff. I never had the urge to pick it up again.Music just doesn't have the appeal that it had in my younger days.
Dennman
Dennman

Back to top Go down

Well I am going to start taking some guitar lessons!! Empty Re: Well I am going to start taking some guitar lessons!!

Post  sunnydog on Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:20 pm

Coop, go for it man!
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Post  sunnydog on Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:51 pm

So you longforkcoonskin prick, hows the guitar comin along...I guess we best start practicin' up out here and get our chops together eh?
Sunny Blackeye pirat
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Well I am going to start taking some guitar lessons!! Empty picked myself up a Les Paul

Post  coopsta on Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:10 pm

Thought I would share a couple photos of my new to me Les Paul standard I got last week. It popped out at me at guitar works in Calgary last sunday and I couldn't leave without it lol.....been getting in my way of working on my shovel the last week, but its a steep learning curve and I really enjoy our time together lol.....

[img]Well I am going to start taking some guitar lessons!! Image_zpsec4947ca[/img]

[img]Well I am going to start taking some guitar lessons!! Image1_zps1dce6374[/img]
coopsta
coopsta

Back to top Go down

Post  kootenai on Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:32 pm

fuckin ''A'' coopfork stringtwang!! that is a beauty! must sound pretty sweet! how things? hows alta boys doing?
kootenai
kootenai
Admin

https://66-84.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dennman on Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:26 pm

Looks sweet Coop. A real Gibson? It's hard to make out the name on it. Guess you're apickin and agrinnin now ,EH?
Dennman
Dennman

Back to top Go down

Post  sunnydog on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:57 pm

Was wondering when we was gonna hear from ya, my my, what have we here, a curly maple topped tobacco sunburst LP Standard, fuc kin nice!!!!!! What year LP? And what amp ya runnin? Oh we gotta get a Shovel Western Beaverland happening, this is just too rich to deny! Lets melt each others brains....all of us!
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Well I am going to start taking some guitar lessons!! Empty Thanks fellas

Post  coopsta on Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:12 pm

Ya she is a absolutely true Gibson Les Paul 2012 standard. I am saving my pennies to get a nice tube amp to go with it. For now I just picked up a dirt cheap fender amp it's one of those electronic jobbers with effects but good enough for a dirt lump twanger for now. Once I can play a bit better I will get a tuber. It really does make some sweet sounds. She has the burstbucker pickups and the tone controls also pop up to change phasing and the volume controls pop up to do coil tapping. More than enough guitar for me for ever. Mahogany body, maple top and rosewood fret board and man I shouldn't have pissed away 20 years thinking about it. Been on that bitch 3-4 hours a day this week till my fingers almost bled loving every minute of it.
coopsta
coopsta

Back to top Go down

Post  h.d.ryder on Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:40 pm

Great lookin guitar Coop, Did you officially sign up for guitar lessons yet?

h.d.ryder

Back to top Go down

Well I am going to start taking some guitar lessons!! Empty guitar lessons

Post  coopsta on Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:34 pm

I got a dvd set called learn and master guitar, it has really got me going in the right direction. learning chords, notes, scales the whole shittery. Seriously been practicing min of 3-4 hours a day the last month. Also picked up rocksmith it really helps as a learning tool for beginners. Shows you techniques and gets you playing songs. I can play 4-5 complete songs on there. I find its nice after doing lessons to jam out on rocksmith for a while then plug into the amp and play free hand. learning some zepplin now.
Fuck I really should have been at this 20 years earlier.....
coopsta
coopsta

Back to top Go down

Post  kootenai on Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:25 pm

its never too late for jamming!
hope alls going great coop!!!!
kootenai
kootenai
Admin

https://66-84.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Well I am going to start taking some guitar lessons!! Empty everything is groovy

Post  coopsta on Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:16 pm

Thanks man hope the shovel gods a smiling on all you kootney folks as well. Got some little things to do on the shovel, to get it tip top for the season, so a few nights of that and then put er on the road lol.
coopsta
coopsta

Back to top Go down

Post  Roadhammer on Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:35 pm

Damn! Thats one fine looking axe! Turnin green with envy here, congrats!

Roadhammer

Back to top Go down

Post  sunnydog on Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:30 pm

I look forward to Horsethief...thinkin of the jam session we will have!!
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum