48-84
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Weerier breathes!

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Weerier breathes! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Weerier breathes!

Post  kootenai Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:49 am

that sucks to hear man..if i was closer id be there to help with those chores anytime...and im gonna agree that 2021 is gonna suck
i dont have much faith about much of fuck all anymore.. sending you positive vibes regardless den, take care.
kootenai
kootenai
Admin

https://66-84.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dennman Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:28 pm

Pretty much resigned to the fact that I'm not sneakin in a ride this year. Back to the winter shed it goes. Hopin that my knee holds up and I've got the breath for the exertion of pullin the Weerier backwards through the dips and mounds.
Gettin through the doorway is always a treat with the fairing on.Always have to remove the right floorboard to make it a bit easier. Takes a few tries to be able to wiggle the bars through if I don't hit the right track. Had it fall on me in the doorway once when I was much younger.Pinned me to the door.Gave my back a good tweak gettin it upright again.Don't think I could get out of that situation again. Might be stuck for hours. No one close that can give me a hand.
So if'n I don't post for awhile ,I'm out pinned in the shed doorway and cursing the extra weight that the Weerier has gained sittin around for 2+ years.
Dennman
Dennman

Back to top Go down

Post  kootenai Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:41 pm

you reminded me when i tried to suicide clutch my ass out of the basement berfore i had a shed and stalled the fucker on the ramp and got pinned against the wood box,,feet couldnt touch the ground...'''hog tied'' fucked.. mayhem helped me out....after she grabbed a camera......
kootenai
kootenai
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dennman Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:45 pm

I've had a few of those rather embarasssin moments in my years of riding.Thankfully most before the handy cell phones that most people carry. Not many witnesses either and those that were there haven't seen me again or knew who I was.
Dennman
Dennman

Back to top Go down

Post  Dennman Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:28 am

Managed to get the Weerier back into the shed for who knows how long. Wasn't too much of a struggle. Only had to jack it up abit 3 times and pull it over to get the right track through the door.Minimal paint scraped off the fairing.
Hopefully in the spring I'll get another chance to try those brakes.
Might get time to bring all the ignition and timing up to specs. The tranny main shaft seal needs looking at but the leak does keep the chain lubed.It's actually not too bad if I don't overfill the tranny.
Sure hope whatever is sucking my energy/breath is rectified. Seems by the end of the day It's not bad but some mornings it's downright scarey.
Til next year.Stay healthy.
Dennman
Dennman

Back to top Go down

Post  Dennman Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:47 pm

Well my breathin has become even more laboured when I wheel barrow hay to the barn or pack firewood into the house..Even walkin there gets me short breathed.
Been in for blood work,ECG and chest x-ray yesterday.
Got a new Doc that I haven't met face to face or talked to on the phone.I have to get Bren to be my go between since I can't process information fast enough and retain it over the phone.One thing all this mask wearing has revealed to me is that even with good hearing I need to see lips to totally comprehend a conversation.
The Docs next call,after he sees the test results, is on Jan. 22.
After the blood samples,ECG and x-ray is the best that I've felt in weeks.Even got a good unbroken nights sleep. Frequentin locations where sick people go is just not my idea of a good place to be during this viral plague..
Dennman
Dennman

Back to top Go down

Post  sunnydog Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:39 am

Well that is true! I hope the test results are good and you can get to feeling better and moving better. I think we all read lips a lot more than we ever realized. Here’s hoping for an early spring and the chance to ride.
sunnydog
sunnydog

Big Dave likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Dennman Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:32 am

Well Doc says my lungs are good.
However ,my heart is mildly enlarged and my liver enzymes (?) are up.He says my high blood pressure and alcohol intake could be the cause.Since my alcohol intake is pretty much only from hand sanitizer and nil orally it must be the high BP.
So now he's got me on B12 and liquid iron.We don't have much red meat in our diet.
I get a face to face with him on Feb. 3 and will probably get an Echo Cardiogram after that to check the heart function.
Actually felt great for a few days after the lab blood lettin and hospital x-ray.Still not feelin too bad but still get shortness of breath and a tad of chest pain when doin chores.
Just glad the lungs are OK with my past exposure to asbestos dust from municipal water pipes and toluene thinner fumes from 30 years of road markin paints.
Dennman
Dennman

Back to top Go down

Post  kootenai Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:30 am

well thats good news that your lungs are good man, are you still smokin cigars?
kootenai
kootenai
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dennman Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:54 pm

kootenai wrote:well thats good news that your lungs are good man, are you still smokin cigars?
Gave up cigars a few years ago.Late '18 I think.Use a vape for the nicotine now. I've cut down the nic content from 18% to !4% a year or so ago. Might just have to wean myself right off depending on what the Doc recommends.
Dennman
Dennman

Back to top Go down

Post  kootenai Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:08 am

yeah i did the vape thing for awhile too,,made my lungs feel tight,,ive been back on the gum for the nicotine,,ive had struggles with staying from smoking ive fell off my wagon a few times,,its been some months now and my lungs appreciate it,,they just have to deal with weed smoke nowdays ,,,and im getting tired of that to so its slowing down..
take care denn.
kootenai
kootenai
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sunnydog Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:08 am

good to see ya postin Koot! Well the winter blues are gettin us all down and add in the 'vid and all this other shit it ain't pretty. Moderation is a good ploy for everything else we put into ourselves. Shovels are therapy. Here's to Shovels and to riding again in a couple months. Cherrybomb is gonna go on the lift this spring for some love, gonna be riding the Econo a lot more this year and she seems happy about it.
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Post  kootenai Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:15 pm

yeah i hope the old shovel does ok this summer,,after my downtime i was pretty close to sayin fuck it after spending that amount of cash on it just to have it fuck up like it did.
I had visions of selling the fucker and getting a side by side, and spend my time up in the mountains, the more reclusive im getting the more i like it up there..but i would regret it though that old shovels been with me since i was 20 so the '' fix,ride, repeat, will continue on.....ave a gooder.
kootenai
kootenai
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sunnydog Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:02 am

Don't be talkin crazy now sir! She'll haunt your dreams should you entertain selling her. I hear ya bout the mountains...nuthin like it. We will have some good riding this summer I can feel it.

Dog
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Post  kootenai Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:07 pm

she wont be goin nowhere,,,i was just being pissed n pouty and sore in the pocketbook,,it all goes away when i sit on it and reach back to the shifter....my sanity comes back eventually....
kootenai
kootenai
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2