48-84
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I like the look but

Go down

I like the look but Empty I like the look but

Post  Roadhammer on Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:53 pm

Whats gonna happen when it rains?????I like the look but 002-65
I like the look but 001-82

Roadhammer

Back to top Go down

I like the look but Empty Re: I like the look but

Post  kootenai on Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:05 am

looks good man,i think its only gonna get wet if it rains,,,,,id use that marine grease on the hub bearing and let it run as is,,,,,,,,or fab up a splash guard,,,,,,,,,,,a water displacer mechanism,,,,,,,,
kootenai
kootenai
Admin

https://66-84.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sunnydog on Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:00 am

Looks great Hammer, yeah your idea for a half guard would help protect a bit, then again when it rains seems like the waters comin from everywhere. Just ride up the east side of Kootenay Lake it never rains there. sunny
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Post  Dennman on Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:37 pm

It'll be fine RH.No worse than a bald tire on the east side of Kootenay Lake.I'd be more worried about a pantleg or finger getting caught in the pulley/belt pinch.
Dennman
Dennman

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Dave on Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:16 pm

Now you didnt forget the clutch hub nut lock washer laying by the kickstand did ya Shocked

Dave
Big Dave
Big Dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Roadhammer on Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:19 pm

Big Dave wrote:Now you didnt forget the clutch hub nut lock washer laying by the kickstand did ya Shocked

Dave

I left that there just to see if you guys were on the ball, there a new one inside, havent started it but the alignment apppears OK.

Roadhammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Roadhammer on Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:22 pm

Dennman wrote:I'd be more worried about a pantleg or finger getting caught in the pulley/belt pinch.

Whats ife without a few risks........ alien

Roadhammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dennman on Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:15 pm

Big Dave wrote:Now you didnt forget the clutch hub nut lock washer laying by the kickstand did ya Shocked

Dave
Saw that too.Never run one myself and never had a problem.
Dennman
Dennman

Back to top Go down

Post  kootenai on Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:02 pm

i remember one time after bieng in there i installed that washer got distracted on somthing else with the bike,forgot to bend down the tabs and had my hub fall of the mainshaft while bombing down the highway,chipped the shaft where the woodruff key sits had to sit for a bit due to the fact i had no 1 1/8'' socket in the saddle bag had a friend run back to his house to grab one............all in all it was a good days ride regardless....
kootenai
kootenai
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Roadhammer on Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:18 pm

kootenai wrote:i remember one time after bieng in there i installed that washer got distracted on somthing else with the bike,forgot to bend down the tabs and had my hub fall of the mainshaft while bombing down the highway,chipped the shaft where the woodruff key sits had to sit for a bit due to the fact i had no 1 1/8'' socket in the saddle bag had a friend run back to his house to grab one............all in all it was a good days ride regardless....

Could have been nasty if you were runnning open belt..........

Roadhammer

Back to top Go down

Post  kootenai on Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:29 pm

Roadhammer wrote:
kootenai wrote:i remember one time after bieng in there i installed that washer got distracted on somthing else with the bike,forgot to bend down the tabs and had my hub fall of the mainshaft while bombing down the highway,chipped the shaft where the woodruff key sits had to sit for a bit due to the fact i had no 1 1/8'' socket in the saddle bag had a friend run back to his house to grab one............all in all it was a good days ride regardless....

Could have been nasty if you were runnning open belt..........
ya man,, coulda hit the pavement then bounced up and smacked me in the back of the head to let me know it fell off.........SMACK!!!! oh ya!? dats what i forgot to do !?!? Suspect
kootenai
kootenai
Admin

Back to top Go down

I like the look but Empty Nice

Post  coopsta on Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:57 pm

Hammer the open belt looks great. Did you have any alignment issues to deal with while installing? I had a chat with the guys down at super max a while back and they gave me a bunch of tips on alignment of belt drives to get the best longevity out of them.....they said to get a long piece of plate glass a few inches wide and lay it across the pulleys to check that the pulleys were running square to each other and what not?
Longfork
coopsta
coopsta

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum