48-84
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So I went to precision frameworx in calgary

Go down

So I went to precision frameworx in calgary Empty So I went to precision frameworx in calgary

Post  coopsta on Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:33 pm

I went there this afternoon cause I was curious about the shop and cause Road king Marc was looking for another evo road king and they had one on consignment there. Ended up getting it for 8500 bucks. Pretty decent bike for the price.
Any way the real reason I wanted to go there was to see the shop and what they can or can not do. I of course was able to get the grand tour cause I kept pestering them and it was a slow day. Very nice operation and they do frame mods, raking and hard tailing and generally a really great bunch to spend the afternoon bullshitting with. They have tons of used parts and shovel stuff is always welcome. Very Happy
coopsta
coopsta

Back to top Go down

So I went to precision frameworx in calgary Empty Re: So I went to precision frameworx in calgary

Post  kootenai on Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:52 pm

right on carlos,8500$ sounds like a great buy alright! my nieghbor cliff is good friends with the precision folks,would like to check out thier zone oneday,,,,,,hope alls good with ya man talk to ya soon! ave a gooder,and give my best to the alta crew
kootenai
kootenai
Admin

https://66-84.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

So I went to precision frameworx in calgary Empty Re: So I went to precision frameworx in calgary

Post  sunnydog on Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:10 am

Good to hear from ya Carlos...yeah the wife was askin about ya again Very Happy
Hope the fall is treating ya well, what's your frame plan---I know ya got sumthin in the works?
Sunny
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

So I went to precision frameworx in calgary Empty Everyone's good out here

Post  coopsta on Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:52 am

Well I want to build an old long fork chopper. My plans are to find a low priced donor bike and hard tail the frame but not absolutely dead set on that. I could go with an aftermarket rigid as well but then you have all the registration bullshit. Precision had a paucgho frame in their stash but it had a 45 degree neck. I was thinking 38 to 40 max 45 seems a little aggressive to me lol.
coopsta
coopsta

Back to top Go down

So I went to precision frameworx in calgary Empty Donor bikes

Post  coopsta on Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:03 am

There is value in getting a donor bike but there is also downsides to them as well. Your really only getting the donor for the frame/motor/tranny and maybe front end and wheels, so if you can get something for a decent price you can go that route but then maybe your not absolutly set on that motor or tranny either. Getting the parts one by one can really run the price up as well but then you get exactly what ya want.
The picture I have in my head has the bike with a genny shovel, but that can always be aquired later on. She will for sure powered by a shovel.... Very Happy .

coopsta
coopsta

Back to top Go down

Post  sunnydog on Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:26 pm

Well I think that's just a cherry idea...I'm definitely lovin' the look of those long fork choppers, real narrow and light...and of course there's no motor prettier/cooler sounding/affordable than a genny shovel in my estimation. Yes, knuckles and pans are amazing but holy shit the cost.
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

So I went to precision frameworx in calgary Empty gonna post this up here.......

Post  kootenai on Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:27 pm

i find this inspirational,i watch it every so often....you guys will remember this...
https://youtu.be/J3ZwiF88RkE i like the view of that long springer......
kootenai
kootenai
Admin

https://66-84.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sunnydog on Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:24 pm

Thanks Koot, that IS inspiring...Josh Kurpius and friends. His bike is killer...an iron head I think?
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum