48-84
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Speaking of tanks - want some free ones?

2 posters

Go down

Speaking of tanks - want some free ones? Empty Speaking of tanks - want some free ones?

Post  ratman Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:34 am

Instead of hijacking Koots thread I'll start a new one:

I have 2 sets of 5 gallon fat bobs sitting here, one my OEM HD set from 1982 and the others are repops.

The OEM have been brazed a few times where they mount to the frame mount (the back holes - I put studs in them).  There is still a pinhole leak somewhere on a seam that needs to be located and fixed.  The repops I have welded the top mount tab a couple of times on one tank - the other is fine.  

The repops are white with a blue flame job (same as the tanks I have on now) and the OEM are white with the 1980something roundel and wing stickers.  Both have Por-15 coating inside.

OEM tanks - paint job is still "OK" but yellowing
Speaking of tanks - want some free ones? 8aa4ceea-363f-4f70-9dc5-8b0a4d9bf0aa_zpsa95ko51j

Repop paint job - paint job is like new - the blue flames at the front of the tanks does not line up but only I seemed to notice it, lol.
Speaking of tanks - want some free ones? Velva_Touch_Pushrods012Medium

Both have marks from S&S air cleaners.

I can't use these for anything as I went with flat side evo tanks.

Free to anyone driving by.   Smile

To pack and ship would not be worth it, but if you are the area or know someone passing through.......

-Paul
ratman
ratman

Back to top Go down

Speaking of tanks - want some free ones? Empty Re: Speaking of tanks - want some free ones?

Post  sunnydog Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:43 am

Paul,
that was my thread lol...
Damn sweet offer to anyone rollin thru Vernon on them tanks, beautiful.... cheers
Maybe we'll just show up unannounced again lmfao! Seriously, yer generosity still amazes me...
I'm thinkin the "flatland" crew may be hittin the Cloverdale show in April again, we'll pick you up on the way by.
Dog
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Speaking of tanks - want some free ones? Empty Re: Speaking of tanks - want some free ones?

Post  ratman Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:55 am

Duh - yes your thread - only one coffee in me so far.

I'm leaving 1st week Feb then home again 24th of March for 5 weeks but I have to go to Houston Tx for a Safety refresher some time during my break.

Not sure which way you would go to the coast but if it is worth the trip up (from Dave's?) then come and get them.

otherwise - if anyone out there can use them - if Tanice and I meet up with Dave and Sharon in the next 2 weeks then I could give them to him for safe keeping Wink

What one might call generosity another might call 'cleaning out the shop', lol
ratman
ratman

Back to top Go down

Post  sunnydog Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:01 pm

I'm not needin spares Paul, but thought we'd kidnap YOU and go to Cloverdale....hmmm that sounds strange...victim kidnapped and taken to the exotic Cloverdale rodeo grounds....freaky!!!
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Post  ratman Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:30 pm

Kidnapped by a bunch of dudes - well I never (been to Cloverdale).....

Will see what my schedule is closer to that time.

If'n I'm having to go away already for that Safety course (which I need to go to work) the boss lady won't be wanting me gone for a dirty weekend with you lot, lol Suspect
ratman
ratman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down