48-84
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Koot here is the info about Knuckles/45's in a late frame

4 posters

Go down

Koot here is the info about Knuckles/45's in a late frame Empty Koot here is the info about Knuckles/45's in a late frame

Post  coopsta Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:58 pm

Knuckle and U/UL/ULH flathead engines with fit later frames if a 3/8"spacer is used under the front motor mount. If you put a Pan case in an earlier frame and tighten the rear mount you'll find that although the holes line up fairly well, a wedge-shaped gap will pop open between he front mounts of the crankcase and the frame so a spacer will have to be made for it.
I found that in one of my Horse mags, it was an article where they were talking about using the new S&S Knuckle cases and that S&S decided to correct the case mounts for Knuckle applications so you didn't have to shim/or make spacers

I was sure I read that somewhere and spent the morning looking for that article lol.....
Coop
coopsta
coopsta

Back to top Go down

Koot here is the info about Knuckles/45's in a late frame Empty Re: Koot here is the info about Knuckles/45's in a late frame

Post  sunnydog Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:24 pm

Ummm...do you have either a knuckle or big twin flattie you ain't tellin us about Koot....I mean ruhealllllyyyyy!!!! Share with your brethren.... sunny
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Koot here is the info about Knuckles/45's in a late frame Empty Re: Koot here is the info about Knuckles/45's in a late frame

Post  Dennman Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:52 pm

This little pic may help w/ the question at hand.

[img]Koot here is the info about Knuckles/45's in a late frame Bt_mot10[/img]
Dennman
Dennman

Back to top Go down

Post  kootenai Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:54 pm

if i had one of them you guys would know before anyone else,,,,thanks for that information carlos i appreciate your time in hunting that info up!
kootenai
kootenai
Admin

https://66-84.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  coopsta Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:51 pm

Well the conversation came about talking about what mill to put in a 1980 fxwg frame, and maybe larry was looking for a frame to stick his knuckle in, but I really think that Koot made a big deal on a 46 knuck and he just didn't want to let anyone in on it.......
I got to wondering when he said "hey coop, if I had a friend who stumbled across a 46 knuck and I wanted, er I mean if my friend wanted to put that into a late model frame, uh would that fit in a late model frame?" Laughing
coopsta
coopsta

Back to top Go down

Post  kootenai Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:18 pm

LOL!!!!! clown
kootenai
kootenai
Admin

https://66-84.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down