48-84
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dennman ----- info please

Go down

Dennman ----- info please Empty Dennman ----- info please

Post  Big Dave on Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:40 pm

Hey Dennis was it you that posted a while back (maybe even a couple years ago ) a link to a system that was fancy decals instead of paint ?? flames etc ?

Dave
Big Dave
Big Dave

Back to top Go down

Dennman ----- info please Empty Re: Dennman ----- info please

Post  Dennman on Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:38 pm

I did post a process that had a "decal" floating in water (Jan/14). The part to be covered was immersed slowly through the "decal" and covered the part's surface.
I think it was posted on here back a year or two.
I'll see if I can find it.

Here's a commercial setup link.

http://hgarts.com/

Here's a link to a kit supplier ,Dave.

http://www.ezdipkits.com/contact.php

Don't see anything that I'd use. Maybe they've got other designs in the works.
Dennman
Dennman

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Dave on Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:07 pm

Thanks Dennis i'll have a look

Started the tear down today , front fender is junk i started grinding it down to repair that crack and found the thing full of holes , someone had tried to weld it in the past and blew holes everywhere then just bondo'd it up
So far clutch and all good , comp socket fucked but all inside good , will pull heads and rest of the motor tomorrow

Thanks

Dave
Big Dave
Big Dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Dennman on Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:41 pm

Big Dave wrote:Thanks Dennis i'll have a look

Started the tear down today , front fender is junk i started grinding it down to repair that crack and found the thing full of holes , someone had tried to weld it in the past and blew holes everywhere then just bondo'd it up
So far clutch and all good , comp socket fucked but all inside good , will pull heads and rest of the motor tomorrow

Thanks

Dave

Read your post on the US site about the compensator sprocket still spinnin. I've seen the spring pack spins, when the nut is tight as parts get too worn. Usually just replacein the cup behind the spring pack is enough to tighten it all up again. I replaced mine w/ a custom machined one from Chengdave. The one on the left here.
Dennman ----- info please 1_comp10
For the sprocket to spin .either the engine sprocket shaft or the shaft extension would have had to have spun off the splines.
Dennman
Dennman

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Dave on Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:47 pm

Yes its just the spring pack spinning , i remember when Dave made you that , any changes needed , i could get him to make me one it would probably be the cheapest route

Dave
Big Dave
Big Dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Dennman on Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:55 pm

Big Dave wrote:Yes its just the spring pack spinning , i remember when Dave made you that , any changes needed , i could get him to make me one it would probably be the cheapest route

Dave

Before I got that part, I just put a large washer under the head of the big nut. Another fix is to machine a little off the threaded end of the nut. This prevents the nut from bottomin out and thus not compressin the spring pack tight enough.

Once the spring pack begins to spin, wear on both the spring pack ( under the nut ) and that cup wear fast.
Dennman
Dennman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum