48-84
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So what day is Dennmans BDay and whats the plan?

Go down

So what day is Dennmans BDay and whats the plan? Empty So what day is Dennmans BDay and whats the plan?

Post  sunnydog on Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:33 am

Hmmmm, dunk him in Kootenay Lake? Shaving cream to the intake of the Roadslayer? Banana Cream pie in his sleeping bag?...............so many options
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

So what day is Dennmans BDay and whats the plan? Empty Re: So what day is Dennmans BDay and whats the plan?

Post  sunnydog on Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:41 am

Well alright, we're gonna buy him a '36 Knuck, original paint...I'll collect the money from each of ya, it'll be about 6K apiece....small unmarked bills please.
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

So what day is Dennmans BDay and whats the plan? Empty Re: So what day is Dennmans BDay and whats the plan?

Post  kootenai on Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:36 pm

shit!! wish I woulda remembered it was coming up when we saw him last weekend I woulda gave him the shovel........dats a alright ill mail it out to him.........
kootenai
kootenai
Admin

https://66-84.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sunnydog on Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:44 pm

kootenai wrote:shit!! wish I woulda remembered it was coming up when we saw him last weekend I woulda gave him the shovel........dats a alright ill mail it out to him.........

I'll throw in for shipping and maybe we can send him somethin extra like some wavy washers or some foo-foo valves or such.....
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Post  Dennman on Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:39 pm

All gratuities,gifts and salutations will be accepted.  Laughing  Today I'm officially 66 and headin for 84 (at the least). The Road Weerier got me home with a minimum of low speed shakin.Disassembly and diagnosis to start soon to determine WHY this front end tendency, to start a tank slapper, is happenin at 20-25 mph.I left most of my camp gear in Castlegar to lighten the load but it really didn't alleviate the problem.In fact the tremour was just noticeable at 40mph too.
Havin a bit of trouble gettin this computer up to speed after 2 mos. of rest.Damn slow.
Twas good to see those that made it to The Toad and Horsethief.Wish that I could have got more ridin around done but really didn't want to push my luck or put myself through the anxiety of wonderin if the scoot was gonna strand me somewhere.
Til next we meet face ta face,ride safe.
Dennman
Dennman

Back to top Go down

So what day is Dennmans BDay and whats the plan? Empty Well I think its a

Post  coopsta on Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:40 pm

Probably your races and bearings could be done Den…..with all the weight that your bike carries maybe the bearings are wasted.

Coop
coopsta
coopsta

Back to top Go down

Post  kootenai on Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:34 pm

happy to hear your back home safe and sound man!!
kootenai
kootenai
Admin

https://66-84.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dennman on Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:47 am

coopsta wrote:  Probably your races and bearings could be done Den…..with all the weight that your bike carries maybe the bearings are wasted.

Coop

Those bearings were new this spring and reset at Toad.Bearing spacer was resized,fork oil changed,all nuts/bolts on scoot tightened,shocks checked for equal preload and swingarm checked for slop.

Last edited by Dennman on Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dennman
Dennman

Back to top Go down

So what day is Dennmans BDay and whats the plan? Empty new bearings

Post  coopsta on Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:20 pm

Ya but did you do the cups as well or just toss in new bearings? I know I ain't telling you anything you don't already know, just saying are they or were they a matched set?

Coop
coopsta
coopsta

Back to top Go down

Post  Dennman on Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:27 pm

coopsta wrote:  Ya but did you do the cups as well or just toss in new bearings?  I know I ain't telling you anything you don't already know, just saying are they or were they a matched set?  

Coop

Races and bearings were new in Nov.2013. Installation documented here in my re & re thread.gonna pull my front wheel and recheck the bearing spacer in the hub.I had to guestimate it's length at Toad when I was shortenin it.There wasn't a dial guage or vernier to be found.
Dennman
Dennman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum