48-84
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are we all workin' on......Show 'n Tell

Go down

What are we all workin' on......Show 'n Tell Empty What are we all workin' on......Show 'n Tell

Post  sunnydog on Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:55 pm

Broman came over to the garage yesterday and we put in a shift workin on Shovels projects....

He built himself a nice little battery box for his Shovel chopper project outta 1/8" stock
What are we all workin' on......Show 'n Tell Jaybox_zps47d6ca3a

Then he helped me with wiring on the signals, headlight and stereo on the FLT
What are we all workin' on......Show 'n Tell FLTsignals_zps5da88634
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

What are we all workin' on......Show 'n Tell Empty Well as usual

Post  coopsta on Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:29 am

Every spring I like to pull my tranny and switch out the gears lol……actually just gonna replace my countershaft cluster and mainshaft 3rd and countershaft low gear. Ripped the trans out this afternoon, disassembled everything, pressed out old kicker bushings, honed the cover to accept new jims bushings, then honed bushings to accept new jims kicker shaft.
I also rebuilt a 4 speed I scooped off Robin at dinktown HD. I tried to do the rebuild as cheaply as possible just to see what a guy could really get away with if cash was tight. The trans was completely disassembled and just a basket case in a box. Cleaned it all up and pressed out the old MDG bushing and installed a new one, then cleaned up an old mainshaft I had and honed the MDG to accept the old used mainshaft. She now fit like thumb in bum……pressed in a new MDG seal and replaced the bearings in countershaft cluster.
That hone is the titts…..thanks for hooking me up HD ryder!!! she's an old girl but it sure does a nice job on bushings…wow.
Coop
coopsta
coopsta

Back to top Go down

What are we all workin' on......Show 'n Tell Empty Re: What are we all workin' on......Show 'n Tell

Post  sunnydog on Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:52 am

..."thumb in bum".......
Now that's show and tell I might skip roflmao!!

Seriously brotha that sounds like a big day....
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

What are we all workin' on......Show 'n Tell Empty Re: What are we all workin' on......Show 'n Tell

Post  h.d.ryder on Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:08 am

coopsta wrote:  Every spring I like to pull my tranny and switch out the gears lol……actually just gonna replace my countershaft cluster and mainshaft 3rd and countershaft low gear.  Ripped the trans out this afternoon, disassembled everything, pressed out old kicker bushings, honed the cover to accept new jims bushings, then honed bushings to accept new jims kicker shaft.
 I also rebuilt a 4 speed I scooped off Robin at dinktown HD.  I tried to do the rebuild as cheaply as possible just to see what a guy could really get away with if cash was tight.  The trans was completely disassembled and just a basket case in a box.  Cleaned it all up and pressed out the old MDG bushing and installed a new one, then cleaned up an old mainshaft I had and honed the MDG to accept the old used mainshaft.  She now fit like thumb in bum……pressed in a new MDG seal and replaced the bearings in countershaft cluster.  
  That hone is the titts…..thanks for hooking me up HD ryder!!!  she's an old girl but it sure does a nice job on bushings…wow.  
 Coop

Hey Carlos, I`m glad that "Sunnen " went to a good home.

h.d.ryder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum