48-84
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Met this old timer to-day.

Go down

Met this old timer to-day. Empty Met this old timer to-day.

Post  h.d.ryder on Wed May 21, 2014 1:04 pm

His name is John, he`s 87 and still riding. I seen him around for years ,but never met him until today. Seen him sittin at the coffee-shop lookin out the window at his bike ,so I introduced myself and sat with him for a good bull-shit session.
I just had to talk to him about the old days. He`s been riding long before the last century was half over.
He bought a brand new Panhead back in 1950. He`s owned lots of shovels and flat-heads and evos too. He told me how he used to ride with his wife on the back and his 3 kids in the sidecar on his 650 B.S.A. Oh, and his wife still rides with him most of the time.
Him and his wife used to do lots of cross country rides all over the U.S. and Canada and South America and Mexico, but now he says he stays mostly in Canada because of his age and the high cost of health insurance.
So, next time you see an old timer sitting all by his lonesome ,pull up a stump and shoot the breeze. That old guy just made my day!

h.d.ryder

Back to top Go down

Met this old timer to-day. Empty Re: Met this old timer to-day.

Post  zaac on Wed May 21, 2014 5:51 pm

I'm always drawn to the old timers. They help me see things in a different light and were young once too. Kinda sad how we gotta get old. It seems there isn't enough time.
zaac
zaac

Back to top Go down

Post  Dennman on Wed May 21, 2014 6:44 pm

When Bren and I toured ,we always hunted out the old fella sittin by himself.The stories they told of their younger times were always entertainin.Made for trip highlights and fond memories.
When I use to break down,it was an older ex-rider that just couldn't resist comin over to see how I was makin out.Some anecdote of their mechanical roadside experiences were always relived.
Even just parked havin a coffee/smoke break,I've had 'em stop for a look see and a BS.
Dennman
Dennman

Back to top Go down

Post  h.d.ryder on Wed May 21, 2014 11:51 pm

Yeah, them old folks have some good stories when the world seemed a lot less complicated than it is today.

h.d.ryder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum