48-84
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FUCKIN HELL!!!!

Go down

FUCKIN HELL!!!! Empty FUCKIN HELL!!!!

Post  kootenai on Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:18 pm

I take it when you roll your motor over and a breeze and the sound of air coming from the exhaust valve pushrod hole in the rockerbox,when there is no pushrod in there means
that the valve lap that would not leak solvent (so you think your good) leaks air,,,,, affraid 
which means yep gotta tear it off and re lap,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,fuckin fuck fuck,,,,,,,,hate doin shit twice,,,,,,,
makes you want to throw a sheet over it and say fuck it for a year or two,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, : Sleep 
ya,ya,,,tuck em in.................................................... Basketball 
kootenai
kootenai
Admin

https://66-84.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

FUCKIN HELL!!!! Empty Re: FUCKIN HELL!!!!

Post  sunnydog on Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:50 am

Shit!! Damn she's bein resistant eh? She's bein downright tempermental....Ever need another set of hands call me
Sunny
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Post  Dennman on Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:15 am

What are you workin on?
Dennman
Dennman

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Dave on Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:35 am

Did you try tapping the valve stem to make sure the valve is seated ?

Dave
Big Dave
Big Dave

Back to top Go down

Post  kootenai on Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:06 am

Dennman wrote:What are you workin on?
had the heads off denn did a valve lap and was putting things back together,,when I was rolling the motor over to install my pushrods,,i noticed I have air and the slurpy noises coming from the rear exhaust pushrod hole in the rockerbox where the cork or oring seats,,,never noticed it before in all the years of working on my motor
,so it put my mind into a "what the fuck!?" so I did a compression test and im equal on both lungs perfectly,,,so after a good sleep I went back out to rethink it,, and i figure when rolling it over,, and I am getting some oil out of the breather hose also that im getting excessive pressure in the cases and its coming up through the oil drain holes in the heads,,,,,,
but only in the rear jugs exhaust pushrod/rockerarm hole in the rockerbox
........im probably just overreacting,,,,ill blame it on my obsessive compulsive disorder,,,,
going to install the pushrods again,cause on the rear jug I didn't have the covers on just the pushrods to do my compression test,,
if it was not up to par the head was coming off anyways....... so this is where im at,,,,,gonna hang my b throw on one tank get a siff of gas and flash it up today maybe,,,
have a couple of things left and it can come off the stand,,,,then the chief is going up on the lift,,,and my focus will be turned to that.. hopfully..
kootenai
kootenai
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kootenai on Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:10 am

Big Dave wrote:Did you try tapping the valve stem to make sure the valve is seated ?

Dave
im positive the valves were seated dave,,I had no seepage of solvent after the lap job, before I put them back together an installed on the jugs.
kootenai
kootenai
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kootenai on Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:13 am

sunnydog wrote:Shit!!  Damn she's bein resistant eh?  She's bein downright tempermental....Ever need another set of hands call me
Sunny
thanks for the offer man!! im thinking im chasing ghosts that are not there....dude does a bunch of work and something weird happens,,can send the brain into a panic,,,,,,,, Evil or Very Mad 
kootenai
kootenai
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dennman on Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:56 pm

Koot ,Didn't you just redo that engine?Was there a problem w/ the valves?
Dennman
Dennman

Back to top Go down

Post  kootenai on Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:08 pm

oh yeah motor was done den,,had a base gasket puke last summer so this winter I pulled the jug noticed some light score marks,,so did a clean up hone and rings,, checked the valves noticed there was some sealing issues,with the solvent test,decided to lap em all to get tight,which worked out great,,no leaks whatsoever,,but then this weird symptom as stated surface and had me kinda worked up.....has me wondering,but im probably overthinking it,,,,,,,,,i do it a lot to myself,,,,,,,,,my brain never quits.........it sucks sometimes......
kootenai
kootenai
Admin

Back to top Go down

FUCKIN HELL!!!! Empty just wondering

Post  coopsta on Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:18 pm

If you were rolling the motor over with a spark plug installed and no pushrods there would be a tremendous amount of pressure in that cylinder Koot? probably a scary amount as it has nowhere to go….at least that is the picture you painted in my head?

Twang
coopsta
coopsta

Back to top Go down

Post  kootenai on Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:35 pm

had no plugs in coopsta,, I got to thinking about it,,,
when,i drilled the cases to change the return due to the longer stroke of the new flywheels,
now the holes are drilled straight through on my cases,,,,so when I roll the motor over the wheels turn the direction as the apes are pointed,,
vacume is created at the front cylinder return hole in the case,,,,but at the back of the stroke all the air and vapor from the cases has to go somewhere,,and with the cases sumped a bit is just more resistance and point of least resistance is straight up the return journal into the exhaust valve pocket and out around the rocker arm and out the pushrod hole.......
now this gets me to thinking cause the back jug return hole is drilled through the case in a straightshot,,that its hindering return oil and keeping it in my rocker boxes......
im leaning on that the next time I have to go in there im gonna crossdrill into the case and tap and plug the bottom part of it,so oil can drain from the top,back to the cases from the side hole without fighting resistance from crankcase pressure backblowing up the return........
upon inspection when I was lapping  valves, I checked my rocker bushings and shafts and they looked awesome with a couple of seasons on em,,,,
gonna see if I can keep the rockerboxes from leaking but after the procedures done to seal em this time,if they leak again im thinking the back return hole in the case,,is my prime suspect......so if it leaks thatsa o,k!!! ill runner greasy till the day comes that I have to go back into her innards for some reason and ill fix it then.....
good theory eh,,,,,,i like sleuthing but when your machine,,pulls a fast one and sketches you out,,,,,and you don't understand why,,,,,,,,it makes you think crazy,,,,,,,
wellllllll.....................me anyways....its all ready now,,just need a gas source and I can flash it up sometime after work this week.....
kootenai
kootenai
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  zaac on Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:50 pm

Hi Koot,

My cases were drilled straight down as you described. Whether straight down or out the side you're gonna have pressure in that drain line when pistons go down as far as I can tell. Only diff is oil draining onto the flywheel or into the bottom of the cylinder. I did mod it like you're gonna do to drain into the bottom of the cylinder cause I figured that's where the oil should be. But there never was a prob with the oil draining as far as I could tell. It is kinda tight between the bottom of the cases and the flywheel for the oil to drain but I guess it gets sucked out pretty good then the pistons are on the up stroke.

Moral of the story; I think your rocker boxes are gonna seal just fine this summer:)
zaac
zaac

Back to top Go down

Post  kootenai on Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:12 pm

yeah im think its all good,,,just something that didn't seem normal to me,,and got me all sketched out,,,,,cant wait until im senile,,,itll be a real gong show in my brain waves,,,
( insert station off the air tone here)......................... scratch 
kootenai
kootenai
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sunnydog on Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:06 pm

....or the sound of a Shovel idling at 300 rpm.......  I love you 
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum