48-84
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

F.ound L.andyacht T.hursday

Go down

F.ound L.andyacht T.hursday Empty F.ound L.andyacht T.hursday

Post  sunnydog on Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:09 pm

I found me an FLT, at the stealership!!  Chuck had an '83 he was storing, U.S. bike he bought last year or the year before.  So I put cash down on her, didn't wanna temp fate and see some other hillbilly come outta the woodwork (Carlos) and snap her up in a strange twist of circumstance due to carnivore knowledge.  She is a Shovel of course, made in York, PA plant in early '83, numbers matching motor and frame.  Pretty close to factory, think she was painted at some point, she's got a S&S aircleaner and Super E, just gotta put my batwing on her and I'm gonna return her to factory tank decals too...I'm really stoked, this is something for mama and I to go on some longer tours.  I'm not telling Daneen about this till next spring when I hope to have her paid off and home for some June riding -- two up!

I don't have any good pics yet but here's a reasonable facsimile, sans the sharkfin fairing, just imagine red on tank sides (she's black with red) and a bit of red on the front fender, and a black batwing.  I got a nice used tourpac which I'll paint black, figger out a bracket for mounting it.

F.ound L.andyacht T.hursday Flt2_zps89c3a49e

F.ound L.andyacht T.hursday Flt1_zps51dedfc7
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

F.ound L.andyacht T.hursday Empty Re: F.ound L.andyacht T.hursday

Post  sunnydog on Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:17 pm

Price? definitely not as cheap as one outta the U.S., but then again no messin' with importing and shipping worries. Think I did okay all things considered, and I consider this an investment as it's a Shovel and of course is appreciating in value every single day............to keep mama happy, well that's priceless. Gonna try to get some decent pics this week if I can, for now shovelling snow, we got a shit ton here today.
santa 
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Post  sunnydog on Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:30 pm

Oh yeah, and this thing has a hand activated clutch, foot shift....Wierd!! scratch 
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Post  Dennman on Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:35 pm

Cool Sunny! Should be a good Tour ride for ya both.
 Do I see a garage add-on in your future???  Wink 
 Do you have an FLT fairing or are you going to adapt an FLH one? jmac did some askin around for a stock tour pack mount when he had his.Don't think he had much luck.With your fabbin skills ,it shouldn't be too hard to make something suitable.

In my stash, somewhere,is a set of the spring clamping mounts that bolt to a tour pack.Bought them at a swap thinkin they'd fit an FLH rack.Unfortunately they are just a "Red One" shy of fitting.Maybe Sportster ones???? Anywho, if you're going to make your own rack , you could make it fit these if your pack doesn't have mounts.
Dennman
Dennman

Back to top Go down

Post  sunnydog on Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:07 pm

Denn, I built a lean to in the backyard this fall, got enough room in there for all my extra bikes!!  Kinda got it horded in to keep worst weather off machinery, and sun off as well.  
It's all I can afford, threw it together for about 200 bucks outta old lumber and some roofing panels and treated posts I bought...but does the trick so far.

The tourpac has those spring loaded clamps, yes I might gotta fab a rack for it.
Got an FLH batwing I'm gonna adapt, got brackets et al.
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Post  kootenai on Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:01 pm

right on man!!! that's a great score,,,glad ya found something..cheers 
kootenai
kootenai
Admin

https://66-84.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sunnydog on Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:04 pm

Thanks guys, this might be the only actual street legal pig  I'll have run, it's got working signals and front brakes LOL
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Post  sunnydog on Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:32 pm

....and maybe should be called the "Pete Townshend" of harleys.....extremely ugly yet strangely talented.
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Post  kootenai on Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:24 pm

gonna be callin ya sunnydeckers......
kootenai
kootenai
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sunnydog on Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:03 pm

Wish I was on a deck in Maui w a MaiTai in my hand right now! sunny 
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

F.ound L.andyacht T.hursday Empty Got me some decals

Post  sunnydog on Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:38 pm

I searched high and low, all over the interweb and called shops everywhere....EGay wanted ridiculous money for a set...so I went a local decal shop in Cranbrook with the one left side decal I managed to find, and had them make me a bunch up in two diff colors

https://i.servimg.com/u/f55/17/89/38/44/image14.jpg

Guy made me 4 sets for less than I paid for the single 1 off the net
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Post  sunnydog on Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:55 pm

Don't know if any of ya need decals but this Cranbrook shop is a great sorce...they just scan an existing decal or get a computer image of what you want, then create vinyl decals with the 3M style application paper covering...let me know if yer in need
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Post  Dennman on Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:34 pm

Heard those old OEM decals were hard to find in sets w/ the proper year colour and that the glue was usualy past it's prime and buggered.

Ya did good buyin local.
Dennman
Dennman

Back to top Go down

Post  kootenai on Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:43 pm

sunnydog wrote:Don't know if any of ya need decals but this Cranbrook shop is a great sorce...they just scan an existing decal or get a computer image of what you want, then create vinyl decals with the 3M style application paper covering...let me know if yer in need
good to know,,ive been wanting to find a set of the 36' tanks decal style for decades now,,,,,even if one ends up on the back window of the pick up,,they are the best one invented in my mind.....
kootenai
kootenai
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sunnydog on Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:49 pm

kootenai wrote:
sunnydog wrote:Don't know if any of ya need decals but this Cranbrook shop is a great sorce...they just scan an existing decal or get a computer image of what you want, then create vinyl decals with the 3M style application paper covering...let me know if yer in need
good to know,,ive been wanting to find a set of the 36' tanks decal style for decades now,,,,,even if one ends up on the back window of the pick up,,they are the best one invented in my mind.....

If ya got a good image of one they can make a set, mirrored images w text correct for both sides....I'll tell ya, a set of correct lookin emblems and real affordable can't be beat, Wolfpack signs in Cranbrook
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum