48-84
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ok do I needs them or not?

Go down

Ok do I needs them or not? Empty Ok do I needs them or not?

Post  coopsta on Wed May 29, 2013 5:22 pm

K I am having a dilema about them signal lights you guys were talking about......do I really need them fuckers, like are the dirt bags at the US border gonna really shake a guy down for no signals...I mean now that Osama and those guys in Boston are out of the picture they probably don't have alot else to do but shake down guys without signal lights....I am sure we are the 3rd highest terror alert on the list!!
I guess I could just mount some lights so it looks good lol....like they aint doing vehicle inspections to get into their country.....mind you with a dude like Sunnydog tagging along, we are probably gonna get strip searched...but I think that will divert attention away from the shovels so that isn't necessarily a bad thing right?
Stringtwang no signal thang!!

coopsta
coopsta

Back to top Go down

Ok do I needs them or not? Empty Re: Ok do I needs them or not?

Post  kootenai on Wed May 29, 2013 8:07 pm

just mount em without wiring coop!! then tell the fuzz their solar powered..........
kootenai
kootenai
Admin

https://66-84.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Shakerattlenroll on Wed May 29, 2013 9:23 pm

They were not looking for any infractions on my truck or bike
Just be carefull about what you take(food) and anything that you can not cross with.
Take cash with you in US dollars
They will want to see it
You can call the crossing and ask ? Evil or Very Mad
Shakerattlenroll
Shakerattlenroll

Back to top Go down

Post  sunnydog on Wed May 29, 2013 9:41 pm

I've never been questioned about my bike lights etc when crossing...like Wade said, FDA, ATF are the issues they worry about, just have yer passport, claim any cash over 10,000 bucks, they will most likely ask if you own the bike, lets have our registrations w us...I also try not to joke w em, they tend to frown on that...unless they initiate a joke. I would be more worried about the county mounty bein a dick, our finest are a bunch of cockbiters lately, they're rep as a police service is lower than whale shit. pirat
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Post  Shakerattlenroll on Wed May 29, 2013 10:36 pm

They don't joke around Shocked
Just do as they say and reply nicely
They wont let you watch them search anything
And don't fuck around with your cell phone while they are..actualy they will make you set it on the table that you are not near Rolling Eyes
Shakerattlenroll
Shakerattlenroll

Back to top Go down

Post  sunnydog on Wed May 29, 2013 11:36 pm

This is experience talkin eh? LOL No
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Post  kootenai on Wed May 29, 2013 11:41 pm

what about carrying a hunting knife on yer belt,are they gonna get their knickers in a bunch over that,,or a hatchet tied on the sickle???
kootenai
kootenai
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sunnydog on Thu May 30, 2013 8:15 am

Koot, I carry a good sized folding jackknife clipped in my front pocket, or a leatherman on the belt...think if yer gonna have a bigger hunting knife it might be better to have it in a pack, along w hatchet, at least at the crossing. They've never given me shit about having stuff like this w me, just that a 5 inch blade hanging off your belt looks a bit different than if its in your pack...kinda like "fighting gear vs. camping gear" or "weapon vs. can opener" if ya get my drift. I'm not expecting the border guards to be an issue, but we do have to remember that they have ultimate power and can wield it if they get suspicious about something. The most important thing is to have your passport in order, once they scan that thing, they're lookin at a computer screen w info about everything you done...ya know, the lunch money you took outta yer moms purse, everything...which is why being truthful when they ask questions is key. They've treated me fair every time I cross, just be straight w em.
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Post  kootenai on Thu May 30, 2013 7:33 pm

sunnydog wrote:Koot, I carry a good sized folding jackknife clipped in my front pocket, or a leatherman on the belt...think if yer gonna have a bigger hunting knife it might be better to have it in a pack, along w hatchet, at least at the crossing. They've never given me shit about having stuff like this w me, just that a 5 inch blade hanging off your belt looks a bit different than if its in your pack...kinda like "fighting gear vs. camping gear" or "weapon vs. can opener" if ya get my drift. I'm not expecting the border guards to be an issue, but we do have to remember that they have ultimate power and can wield it if they get suspicious about something. The most important thing is to have your passport in order, once they scan that thing, they're lookin at a computer screen w info about everything you done...ya know, the lunch money you took outta yer moms purse, everything...which is why being truthful when they ask questions is key. They've treated me fair every time I cross, just be straight w em.
works for me! are we gonna cross at roosville or kingsgate?
kootenai
kootenai
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sunnydog on Thu May 30, 2013 10:25 pm

Kingsgate is a lot closer, and on the way straight to Spokane...but it's up for discussion, whatever you guys want. sunny
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Post  Dennman on Thu May 30, 2013 11:15 pm

I haven't been to the states since '96.My choice of x-ing was Creston.Less traffic there.Coming back you had to get there before 6PM when it closed.Last time I just made it and the girl was closing up.Just looked over her shoulder ,"Anything to declare?".Nope."OK then".Kinda stunned me as I'd had to strip EVERTHING off the scoot in '90 when I was down.
Dennman
Dennman

Back to top Go down

Ok do I needs them or not? Empty Soooooo what your saying!!!

Post  coopsta on Thu May 30, 2013 11:40 pm

What your saying is I shouldn't have my sawed off shotgun strapped to my back, its better strapped to the sissy bar.....and make sure the kilo of blow is at the bottom of the saddle bag....and the fact that I havn't got a pardon for when I got caught selling dope to little kids dressed as a nun, that won't cause any troubles as long as I am honest about it....well sounds like it will be smooth sailing at the crossing for us then, I will go first so you guys won't have any hold up's pirat LMAO!!!

Stringtwang
coopsta
coopsta

Back to top Go down

Ok do I needs them or not? Empty Route options

Post  coopsta on Fri May 31, 2013 12:06 am

after spokane, going south on 395 to 30 west over to US 97 looks like a sweet backroad that won't have alot of traffic, and as an added bonus it just happens to go right past Crater Lake national Park if anyone wants to see the sites? I personally don't need to see any city like Portland except on TV lol...I avoid the cities as much as possible.
I am fully open to any kind of route options but that is one of the most direct and looks like nice back roads. Hey we are less than 100 km from the redwoods at obrien too....hmm that would be trippy to see them big F'n trees while we are in the neighbourhood lol!!! Probably a tourist hell hole though?

Stringtwang's lock up your daughters tour 13'
coopsta
coopsta

Back to top Go down

Post  kootenai on Fri May 31, 2013 12:50 am

fuckin redwoods would be awesome!! im gonna bring the husky and carve me name in one of em,,,,wonder if id get life???????? drunken cheers
kootenai
kootenai
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sunnydog on Fri May 31, 2013 6:58 am

I'm in!! What a Face

<{{{{{====== Ok do I needs them or not? Chainsaw

Last edited by sunnydog on Fri May 31, 2013 7:06 am; edited 2 times in total
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Post  sunnydog on Fri May 31, 2013 7:01 am

coopsta wrote: What your saying is I shouldn't have my sawed off shotgun strapped to my back, its better strapped to the sissy bar.....and make sure the kilo of blow is at the bottom of the saddle bag....and the fact that I havn't got a pardon for when I got caught selling dope to little kids dressed as a nun, that won't cause any troubles as long as I am honest about it....well sounds like it will be smooth sailing at the crossing for us then, I will go first so you guys won't have any hold up's pirat LMAO!!!

Stringtwang

Yes that's gonna increase "wait time" at the border! If you really did sell dope to kids dressed as a nun, an assumed name might be in order clown
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Post  sunnydog on Fri May 31, 2013 7:17 am

Dennman wrote:I haven't been to the states since '96.My choice of x-ing was Creston.Less traffic there.Coming back you had to get there before 6PM when it closed.Last time I just made it and the girl was closing up.Just looked over her shoulder ,"Anything to declare?".Nope."OK then".Kinda stunned me as I'd had to strip EVERTHING off the scoot in '90 when I was down.

Denn that was always my fave too, I lived in Creston from '98 to '06, our slop-itch team was sponsored by Roy's pub in Porthill, Idaho, just across the line there...damn we usta drink 10 beer and drive home, border agents were real lax then. Back roads thru Lister and Canyon to my place in Arrow creek. I camped on the back lawn at Roy's many a time...sometimes simply face down by a picnic table. geek
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Post  kootenai on Fri May 31, 2013 11:07 am

sunnydog wrote:I'm in!! What a Face

<{{{{{====== Ok do I needs them or not? Chainsaw
hey!! that chainsaw dude smiley kicks ass!!!
kootenai
kootenai
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sunnydog on Fri May 31, 2013 12:56 pm

Koot, I thought of you when I saw that chainsaw. I'm gonna try to add him to the emoticons somehow, and I'm on the hunt for smiley for everybody else too. I got my own sunny , I got a Dennman lined up Ok do I needs them or not? T7701, I got Chainsaw guy for you Ok do I needs them or not? Chainsaw, still lookin for some others, oh yeah, BigDave's easy rendeer hmmm...Stringtwang's gonna be tough.
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Post  sunnydog on Fri May 31, 2013 2:50 pm

Anybody got a crazed lookin guitar smiley, or a grizzly bear smiley, or a zonked out painter smiley, or a wild lookin oilpatch mechanic smiley?
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Post  Dennman on Fri May 31, 2013 2:59 pm

[img]Ok do I needs them or not? Smiley10[/img][img]Ok do I needs them or not? Smiley11[/img][img]Ok do I needs them or not? Create10[/img]
Dennman
Dennman

Back to top Go down

Post  sunnydog on Fri May 31, 2013 3:41 pm

Awesome!!!!!
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Post  Shakerattlenroll on Fri May 31, 2013 5:18 pm

Fuck.....i wish i was going with you guys....
Shakerattlenroll
Shakerattlenroll

Back to top Go down

Post  Shakerattlenroll on Fri May 31, 2013 5:20 pm

Frack.....i wish i was going with you guys....
Shakerattlenroll
Shakerattlenroll

Back to top Go down

Post  zaac on Fri May 31, 2013 9:47 pm

I went through kings gate yesterday. The guard started asking questions about the car including the horsepower. So I decided to get brave and joke a bit so said I could spin the tires if he wanted. He smiled and slowly said that is between me and highway patrol. We all had a good laugh. So far everyone down at the historical truck show have been real good. For those interested in trucks Sask, Alberta and BC trucks at the show are second to none.
zaac
zaac

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum