48-84
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Velva touch lifters looksy

Go down

Velva touch lifters looksy  Empty Velva touch lifters looksy

Post  coopsta on Mon May 06, 2013 10:01 pm

Well you fellas may want to have a gander at the velva touch install. Her are the front ones going in and I just wanted jack to have a good look at that front one and see how much straighter it is going to be opposed to the solids that have a very noticeable lean to them.

String twang

[img]Velva touch lifters looksy  Image_zpsc20dc47c[/img]
coopsta
coopsta

Back to top Go down

Velva touch lifters looksy  Empty Re: Velva touch lifters looksy

Post  zaac on Tue May 07, 2013 7:06 am

That angle looks much better. I can hardly see any angle at all. Very nice set up. I should save up this winter and get a set for next year.
zaac
zaac

Back to top Go down

Post  Dennman on Tue May 07, 2013 11:04 am

The angle looks GOOD! Are there quad seal/o-rings in those blocks for the covers? Personally I'm not liking all the thread showing on the adjustment ends.
Dennman
Dennman

Back to top Go down

Velva touch lifters looksy  Empty Seals and threads

Post  coopsta on Tue May 07, 2013 12:27 pm

I am just using orings, they are not provided with the kit. Ya kind of suprising the amount of thread there for sure, the evo style ones didn't have near as much, but these are Daves custom pushrods that come with this kit, so I have to trust him on that one.

I think the reason for such a long adjustment is the lifter sits pretty low in the hole that enables that better geometry for the pushrods but in order to clear the blocks they need to collapse quite a bit...if that makes sense. When I installed them they had to be almost fully closed to get over the shoulder of the lifter block. I hope these are half as good as the evo ones cause they worked well.
Pretty easy to set up, stick em in turn out adjuster just until there is no up down movement and then an additional 9 flats on the front ones, and only 6 flats for both back ones. Of course set them with lifter on the heel of the cam and don't turn motor over until lifter will turn by hand(lifter has to bleed off). Mine didn't need to bleed off they were ready soon as I was done tightening them up, I think some of the oil had seeped out from sitting for so long on the shelf.

Stringtwang lifterbang
coopsta
coopsta

Back to top Go down

Post  Shakerattlenroll on Tue May 07, 2013 1:26 pm

I haven heard my rattle since i installed a set ;-)
Shakerattlenroll
Shakerattlenroll

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum