48-84
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jason took his heads to the US site

+2
sunnydog
Big Dave
6 posters

Go down

Jason took his heads to the US site Empty Jason took his heads to the US site

Post  Big Dave Mon May 06, 2013 8:00 am

Could get pissy lots of pics

Dave
Big Dave
Big Dave

Back to top Go down

Jason took his heads to the US site Empty Re: Jason took his heads to the US site

Post  sunnydog Mon May 06, 2013 8:40 am

Yeah Dave, saw that, it'll get ugly.

sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Jason took his heads to the US site Empty Re: Jason took his heads to the US site

Post  Dennman Mon May 06, 2013 11:07 am

So are these stock shovel heads that have been "reworked by CC" and then bought by Jason? I was under the impression that Jason had sent his own heads to CC for work.Bad judgement call if he bought them outright instead of S&S heads.Still doesn't exonerate CC for selling shit work for "New" prices.
Dennman
Dennman

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Dave Mon May 06, 2013 5:56 pm

Yes Dennis he bought those heads outright from CC , he coulda got brand new S&S for that price

Dave
Big Dave
Big Dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Shakerattlenroll Tue May 07, 2013 9:25 am

I can see both sides...from the pics ..not cool.
And from having been on the recieving end of a morning get fucked pm...
Both need to grow up
Shakerattlenroll
Shakerattlenroll

Back to top Go down

Post  sunnydog Tue May 07, 2013 10:00 am

Agreed.
I don't know Jason from Oz, seems he's got a bit of a temper, but fuck when ya get work done from across the world its a nightmare when returns are req'd, that's a rough deal for him.
However, Coop wasn't happy with CC's work, I trust his opinion (who could possibly question that goofy bastard Stringtwang Lifterclang)...suffice to say I'd never get any work done there, fuck not like I'm buildin any race motors any time soon anyway, I got kids hockey to take care of any extra lettuce around here. sunny
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Jason took his heads to the US site Empty LMAO!!

Post  coopsta Tue May 07, 2013 12:15 pm

sunnydog wrote:Agreed.
I don't know Jason from Oz, seems he's got a bit of a temper, but fuck when ya get work done from across the world its a nightmare when returns are req'd, that's a rough deal for him.
However, Coop wasn't happy with CC's work, I trust his opinion (who could possibly question that goofy bastard Stringtwang Lifterclang)...suffice to say I'd never get any work done there, fuck not like I'm buildin any race motors any time soon anyway, I got kids hockey to take care of any extra lettuce around here. sunny

Well I have no issue with what he charged for the heads, I mean I paid him 1200 to rework my heads.....The finished result would be/supposed to be "better" than s&s. That is the big "BUT" in the whole story/stories. If you charge 1200 bucks and say basically that well you can buy S&S for 1200 or you can buy this from me/ or bring me your heads and spend the same amount and what I provide will be better/faster/stronger/whatever......well then you better make darn sure that it is what you say it is. If its not then its bait and switch.

I have always said he did a great job on my valves and porting and got the lift I wanted, that was never an issue from day one......it was the machining that screwed me and I take half the responsibility in that part of the deal. I chose to have the heads decked, he didn't put a gun to my head, but what I expected and what I recieved was not the same.
I felt at the time because of frustration and I don't forgive easily, that when he offered to re do the rear surface that what is the point you already fucked it so why would I let you at it to wreck it more. Thats just the way I think though, its not realistic but thats my problem.
If he didn't know how to, or didn't have to tooling or capability to deck the heads and make a customer satisfied then he should say this......well if you would like I could deck the heads, I don't really have the tooling/experience to do it so if it turns out shitty its not my fault. Then when I receive the heads and the rear's deck is kittywompass then I can thank my self for being a jackass.
When he says oh its fuck all do it all the time, it tends to lead you to believe its no big deal, and I don't know shit about machining and back then even less so I have to trust what the guy said.

When I recieved my heads they were in a card board box, the heads were in plastic shopping bags just like jason's and I think there was some of those styrofoam peanuts scattered in but certainly not enough to do anything like protect my heads. I was pretty surprised as I expect most would be!! Nothing screams quality like recieving your renewed heads in a shabby plastic grocery bag with little packing material and beat up cardboard box. That right there gets you pretty hot, and not in a good way. Then you flip the heads over and the surface is rough, and the threads are not counterbored. Now you go from slightly disgusted to WHAT THE FUCK MUTHA GRABBER????
So the next thing that happens is the phone call.....finally get ahold of him and tell him your concerns and he's like "oh counterbore, that bullshit doesn't need done, oh the surface well I like to do it rough so the gasket bites better, don't worry they are fine!!"
Ok he talked me off the ledge, I calm down well lets put this stuff together he knows better than me so maybe I overreacted a bit. Put it all together and then the back one leaks and you find out its because the surface is cockeyed well then you fuckin snap and why even bother talking to that guy cause he don't give a shit anyway.....thats pretty obvious by the way it arrived and looked so then you just forget the whole bs process.

He would do well to maybe spend a little money on a more profesional looking packing procedure like most do. Dave from Velva touch sends his lifters out and they could drop off a building and there would not be anything wrong with them, separatly packed lots of documentation a very professional presentation. It makes you feel like you spent your money wisely when your package arrives in that box rather than the other way.
If it looks like shit, smells like shit people will think its shit? Go figure.
coopsta
coopsta

Back to top Go down

Post  Shakerattlenroll Tue May 07, 2013 12:36 pm

Fuckin a ...Dave packed his stuff very well.
As was the mag i bought from Jason.

I would deal with him again.
Not so sure i would the first with the other...
Shakerattlenroll
Shakerattlenroll

Back to top Go down

Post  sunnydog Tue May 07, 2013 2:40 pm

Like you said Coop, $1200 is a pile of money, and when ya finally get that kinda dough together looking for performance parts, you hope that the vendor will supply the product in a professional manner and packed professionally. If he can't hear his phone cause the CNC machine is grindin away so loud, he must be makin some money and could hire at least a good lookin (sounding?) gal to answer the phone and pack the goodies.

My gut tells me he's a bullshitter, he WAS one of the loudest critics of Dragstews and those antics, me thinks he dost protest too much. But what do I know about people, I'm just a dumb stubblejumper too.

As usual, the most vocal and lippy fucks on the US site have decreed that Mike is a good guy and trying to make everything all right...well it took 10,000 views and exposure to criticism to get him to do that, not the requests of a few disappointed customers.....fuck people are funny eh?
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Dave Tue May 07, 2013 5:11 pm

Its funny how nobody seemed to notice the honey flowing outta Mikes mouth , he is being very careful and smooth in his replys , i really think hes a BS artist i have a friend that went to the Harley Davidson factory mech school and he was in the same class as Mike , to hear him talk about Mike really woke me up he says the guy couldn't pick his own nose without help

Any way its looking like he dodged this bullet but i am sure one will get him

Bike test Saturday woo-hoo bounce

Dave
Big Dave
Big Dave

Back to top Go down

Jason took his heads to the US site Empty Just cause

Post  coopsta Tue May 07, 2013 6:14 pm

I think I will make a journey out to Mikes little shack on the prairies and take him up on his offer to take a few swipes on that rear head..... if he really wants to appease the masses far be it for me to not take up his offer. I couldn't believe he told me he would provide a complete valve job as well that was a little over the top, but I only need the deck level so I am going to take a little trip.
stringtwang lifter-bang lol!
coopsta
coopsta

Back to top Go down

Post  Shakerattlenroll Tue May 07, 2013 6:28 pm

I dunno...they both need to grow up...
I know Mike aint makeing up the fuck fuck pm part.
But he aint smellin like a rose ither...
Shakerattlenroll
Shakerattlenroll

Back to top Go down

Post  sunnydog Tue May 07, 2013 6:37 pm

Yeah yer right Wade...

Stringtwang I hope it's like Little house on the prairie and not the General store...that guy seems more like a Nellie Olsen than a Laura Ingalls to me....whoa sorry for the obscure reference I couldn't resist Suspect
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Post  zaac Tue May 07, 2013 9:44 pm

He has screwed one friend of mine outa more than $1200 but its not up to me to yap off about it. You just have to trust me on this one. If cc goes to hell I sure hope I'm going up.
zaac
zaac

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Dave Tue May 07, 2013 9:51 pm

Sometimes the fact we dont say anything in the long run screws a friend , this is how he has gotten away with so much . Jack i know you cant speak for your friend but maybe you can entice him to speak up

Dave
Big Dave
Big Dave

Back to top Go down

Post  zaac Tue May 07, 2013 10:00 pm

You are completely right, Dave. I will mention it. In fact I could invite him over here if koot is ok with it. He was at Horsethief with us one year but had to go back early for work. He is alot like Billy with computers though. I believe he is spreading the word around here.
zaac
zaac

Back to top Go down

Jason took his heads to the US site Empty Sunny your the only one that gets it

Post  coopsta Wed May 08, 2013 11:32 pm

See when I posted that, that was exactly the obscure reference to little house on the prairie that I was going for, I figured everyone would catch it but as usual your the only one!!!!
Good catch buddy!!

Stringtwang
coopsta
coopsta

Back to top Go down

Post  sunnydog Thu May 09, 2013 7:18 am

I exist to serve your twisted sense of humor Stringtwang
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Post  Shakerattlenroll Thu May 09, 2013 9:40 am

Hahahaha
Shakerattlenroll
Shakerattlenroll

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down