48-84
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Out of province motorcycle inspection

+5
zaac
jmac
Shakerattlenroll
sunnydog
Big Dave
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Out of province motorcycle inspection Empty Out of province motorcycle inspection

Post  Big Dave Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:18 pm

Anybody got a recommendation , the bike is at bills in Mundare , Alberta

Dave
Big Dave
Big Dave

Back to top Go down

Out of province motorcycle inspection Empty Re: Out of province motorcycle inspection

Post  sunnydog Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:31 pm

Shoot, that ain't far from Lamont, not the Shovel I'm thinkin?
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Out of province motorcycle inspection Empty Re: Out of province motorcycle inspection

Post  Shakerattlenroll Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:35 pm

did you try any of the bigger bike shops ?
Shakerattlenroll
Shakerattlenroll

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Dave Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:38 pm

sunnydog wrote:Shoot, that ain't far from Lamont, not the Shovel I'm thinkin?

its my bike Sunny these guys wont insure it unless i pay my graff

Dave
Big Dave
Big Dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Dave Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:40 pm

Shakerattlenroll wrote:did you try any of the bigger bike shops ?

Wade lots of shops will do it but i gotta take time off work as they dont do weekends , was hopeing to pay someone to come to the bike

Dave
Big Dave
Big Dave

Back to top Go down

Post  sunnydog Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:52 pm

Denis has a buddy inspected his, maybe buy the guy some beer or a steak to come out there?
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Post  Shakerattlenroll Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:53 pm

ahh you need a licenced shop to do the out of province ...sorry man wish it was simpler
but the shop has to be licenced to do the inspections
Shakerattlenroll
Shakerattlenroll

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Dave Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:58 pm

sunnydog wrote:Denis has a buddy inspected his, maybe buy the guy some beer or a steak to come out there?

Heres hoping im will to pay the price i just want it done i downloaded the inspection critira and should have no problem passing now

Dave
Big Dave
Big Dave

Back to top Go down

Out of province motorcycle inspection Empty inspection

Post  jmac Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:03 pm

jmacTry canadain Tire dave they might be able to do it.They inspected the bikes I brought up from the states.They don,t know shit so it was easy. Question

jmac

Back to top Go down

Post  sunnydog Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:07 pm

Hey BD, any luck w the inspection?? I heard over in Alberta it's just as simple as passing a brown bag full o' money to someone??? clown
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Dave Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:16 pm

It going in next weekend $300 what a pile of crap

Dave
Big Dave
Big Dave

Back to top Go down

Post  sunnydog Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:27 pm

Holy shit, I was only kidding!! Yep that's pretty steep. Canadian Tire or....?
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Dave Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:39 pm

Canuck tire is not authorized to do the out of province , this is Dennis's guy

Dave
Big Dave
Big Dave

Back to top Go down

Post  sunnydog Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:35 pm

So the going rate is $300 eh? Damn that's a lot of coin.
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Dave Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:51 pm

Seems to be i will be phoneing around a bit more but very few are licenced to do bikes

Dave
Big Dave
Big Dave

Back to top Go down

Post  sunnydog Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:19 pm

Dave, we got one guy in the entire Kootenays, and he told me the next guy is in Kamloops...oh god bless southern B.C., there's nobody here. It's a double edged sword, but I'll take the nice quiet highways.
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Post  zaac Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:10 pm

Must be a northern thing cause it's only $150 down here.

You must be making twice as much money as me being way up there. Rolling Eyes
zaac
zaac

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Dave Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:53 pm

zaac wrote:Must be a northern thing cause it's only $150 down here.

You must be making twice as much money as me being way up there. Rolling Eyes

Im sure thats it tongue

So far its the only guy who will do it on the weekend , if i have to take a day off work i lose more then the $150 differance , just another tax grab

Dave
Big Dave
Big Dave

Back to top Go down

Post  sunnydog Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:36 pm

I had to get mine done a few yrs ago in Cranbrook Dave, it was about $200 as I recall, but I did need about $60 more in parts too, then again, livin in B.C. ya get used to tax grabs, which inevitably force you into black money economics. Sunshine tax. sunny
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Out of province motorcycle inspection Empty Most only charge 150

Post  coopsta Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:37 pm

Dave most shops if the bike is cool, and needs no attention charge 150 a pop, but sounds like the 300 bones is the weekend rate, and probably comes with a guarantee that it passes no problem. I know a guy that will pass a bike for "friends" no matter what as long as it never comes back to him and the right "grease" is used wink wink, nudge, nudge.
When you don't run signals and what nots its kinda handy to have a guy that will hook ya up.
coopsta
coopsta

Back to top Go down

Post  zaac Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:15 pm

sunnydog wrote:then again, livin in B.C. ya get used to tax grabs, which inevitably force you into black money economics. Sunshine tax. sunny

You guys have another election coming up, right?

You gonna vote Conservative this time? Smile
zaac
zaac

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Dave Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:25 pm

coopsta wrote:Dave most shops if the bike is cool, and needs no attention charge 150 a pop, but sounds like the 300 bones is the weekend rate, and probably comes with a guarantee that it passes no problem. I know a guy that will pass a bike for "friends" no matter what as long as it never comes back to him and the right "grease" is used wink wink, nudge, nudge.
When you don't run signals and what nots its kinda handy to have a guy that will hook ya up.

Hey Coop there seems to be a differance betwween a saftey inspection and an out of province inspection the gov't has tied this up as a tax grab the dealer pays $80 just for the form to fill out , i just hate being fucked without a kiss at least Shocked

Dave
Big Dave
Big Dave

Back to top Go down

Post  sunnydog Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:39 pm

Zaac I'd vote blue if there was one here but all we got is red and orange to choose from...I'm not kidding its true....BC red is a shade of blue actually....think ill go sample some green.... sunny
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Post  zaac Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:55 pm

I should have done some research before getting smart. Embarassed
zaac
zaac

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Dave Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:53 am

Bike is booked in for May 11 , should pass no problem so that would mean getting insurance the following week and riding the bike home on the 18-19 from Mundare cheers - its been 7 monthe since ive had my leg over , never have i missed a month before this wow this weather up here sucks Crying or Very sad
Big Dave
Big Dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Dave Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:33 am

coopsta wrote:Dave most shops if the bike is cool, and needs no attention charge 150 a pop, but sounds like the 300 bones is the weekend rate, and probably comes with a guarantee that it passes no problem. I know a guy that will pass a bike for "friends" no matter what as long as it never comes back to him and the right "grease" is used wink wink, nudge, nudge.

Coop can your guy do out of province inspections

Thanks Dave
Big Dave
Big Dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Dave Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:35 pm

Well i got an email from the inspection guy that pissed me off so im not sure what to do , the email states he wants the bike at 10am and i can pick it up at 4 pm no hanging around , what the fuck its a 6 hour round trip ive got an appointment and it only takes an hour , Bike hasnt been in a shop in the 12 years ive owned it and im suppose to leave it and accept his opionon . maybe its me but im looking around for options

Dave
Big Dave
Big Dave

Back to top Go down

Post  zaac Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:31 pm

These gov inspections really annoy me. You buy a vehicle with your hard earned money and can't drive it on the roads built with your tax dollars until the gov says you can. Will the new laws and regs and things you can't do ever stop piling on?
zaac
zaac

Back to top Go down

Post  Shakerattlenroll Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:58 pm

No, unfortunately they wont Sad
Shakerattlenroll
Shakerattlenroll

Back to top Go down

Post  Denistheshovelmenace Wed May 01, 2013 8:56 am

Dave, I'm off most of next week. I can go pick it up at Bill's and take it in any day next week if you find someone.

Also, E&S in the fort does them. I'll call them today when they open.
Denistheshovelmenace
Denistheshovelmenace

Back to top Go down

Post  Denistheshovelmenace Wed May 01, 2013 10:25 am

Not sure what got into John wanting 300 and all day. He did mine in 10 minutes and it never even came out of the truck. Anyhow, called E&S in the fort. $160.00 I am in town all the time now so I can take it in for you and pick it up. The number there is 997-3818 and ask for service dept.
Denistheshovelmenace
Denistheshovelmenace

Back to top Go down

Post  Shakerattlenroll Fri May 10, 2013 6:11 pm

Windsor motorsports in GP 200$

Northgate Honda lost the bike tech that was licenced to Harley Suspect they would cost a bunch there lol
Shakerattlenroll
Shakerattlenroll

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Dave Fri May 10, 2013 6:42 pm

Going in tomorrow to E&S $160
just a bitch here ive had the bike 12 years and the onlt two things i havent done on it were Kamloops HD put in a new speedo and drive when i bought it and the indie in osoyoos did the installation of the front fork tubes all else i have done myself
As you know my bike has been stored in Mundare at Bill Hopkins place (Grinder Bill) for the winter and i go down when i can and work on the bike , last minute decision to put new rubber on before the test , Bill says no problem i get a deal on the tires and will put them on for you . Pay me when u can ,when he pulls the front tire of he finds the left slider seized so he pulls the front end off and finds no oil ever put in (3 years now) spring missing on one side and and the triple tree is bent . also finds that the speedo drive has been mickey moused in and was spreading the forks cause part on the fork problem

I get a call last night in camp my bike is back together and ready for the test

If i could nominate someone to this site it would be Bill
He spent 3 days fixing my bike

Dave
Big Dave
Big Dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Shakerattlenroll Fri May 10, 2013 7:10 pm

That's a pretty good deal there man Very Happy
and yea , sometimes its just better to fix stuff yourself Wink
I was just shopping for a place , John is bringing up that FLT early this week Very Happy
Shakerattlenroll
Shakerattlenroll

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Dave Sat May 11, 2013 11:54 am

She Passed , anyone in the area he's the rubber stamp guy Smile
Big Dave
Big Dave

Back to top Go down

Post  sunnydog Sat May 11, 2013 2:53 pm

Big Dave wrote:Going in tomorrow to E&S $160
just a bitch here ive had the bike 12 years and the onlt two things i havent done on it were Kamloops HD put in a new speedo and drive when i bought it and the indie in osoyoos did the installation of the front fork tubes all else i have done myself
As you know my bike has been stored in Mundare at Bill Hopkins place (Grinder Bill) for the winter and i go down when i can and work on the bike , last minute decision to put new rubber on before the test , Bill says no problem i get a deal on the tires and will put them on for you . Pay me when u can ,when he pulls the front tire of he finds the left slider seized so he pulls the front end off and finds no oil ever put in (3 years now) spring missing on one side and and the triple tree is bent . also finds that the speedo drive has been mickey moused in and was spreading the forks cause part on the fork problem

I get a call last night in camp my bike is back together and ready for the test

If i could nominate someone to this site it would be Bill
He spent 3 days fixing my bike

Dave

Dave, I've yet to meet a Shovelheader in Canuckland that isn't cool as shit...Bill sounds like a great guy.
sunnydog
sunnydog

Back to top Go down

Post  Shakerattlenroll Sat May 11, 2013 10:01 pm

Big Dave wrote:She Passed , anyone in the area he's the rubber stamp guy Smile

Right on man Very Happy
Shakerattlenroll
Shakerattlenroll

Back to top Go down

Post  Shakerattlenroll Tue May 21, 2013 5:11 pm

Well....i got a bad feeling about the tech at windsor motorsports....
Nothing like saying no reflectors on the rear....
It never had any...its an 81
Shakerattlenroll
Shakerattlenroll

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Dave Tue May 21, 2013 7:44 pm

Shakerattlenroll wrote:Well....i got a bad feeling about the tech at windsor motorsports....
Nothing like saying no reflectors on the rear....
It never had any...its an 81
it does what are those in the racks by the bags , I bought peel and stick ones for $3 each but the tech said yup u got em he didn't make me put them on
Big Dave
Big Dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Shakerattlenroll Tue May 21, 2013 11:41 pm

Lol the lights work Very Happy so he can eat sh1t on the reflectors it don't need
Got the dash lights all working now Wink ...few new mini bulbs and musta had a bad conection for the high beam indicator
Shakerattlenroll
Shakerattlenroll

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum