Hey I got a question....

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hey I got a question....

Post  Roadhammer on Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:24 pm

And I thinkin either Coop or denn could answer this one cause I think they both got S&S jugs as do I for this 93... heres the question.... which way do those goofy chamfered head bolt washers go? Never seen these before, In the instructions it says make sure they are put on so the chamferd sides of the washers are located toward the head side of bolts. Incorrect placement may cause washer to crack resulting in head bolts coming loose. Which head are they referring to? The head of the bolt or the cylinder head? Cant see bevels on the bolts or on the jugs. WTF!!! Pretty ambiguous... may haveta call S&S.

Roadhammer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hey I got a question....

Post  Dennman on Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:11 am

One of those little details to pay attention to Hammer.
 The bevel goes to the head of the bolt.There probably is a slight radius under the bolt head.Hard to see but it will crack the washer if it's not assembled thusly.I broke one washer but caught it before any damage was done to the gasket or head.
Dennman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Yes that is correct

Post  coopsta on Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:25 pm

Ya chamfered side towards the head of the bolt and ya there is a ridge on the head that corresponds to that washer!!

Coop
coopsta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Roadhammer on Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:44 pm

Thanx guys. I phoned S&S and at first they said bevel towards the cylinder head, when I asked are you sure? I got the Uh..hang on. Then he comes back and goes yep bevel towards the bolt head.

Roadhammer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum